Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
64 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 62

Todd W. White, Jimmyk, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Polaris Blue acrylic blue paint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob
See User information
Ok I went to the paint x ref on here for the code Polaris blue. Called the local paint shops in Oklahoma city. Its a no go here for anyone mixing the paint with the codes. Auto color library , which is TCP global custon paint store has a code 10953 for the polaris blue. They want $155.95 a gallon. I can get a gallon of light blue acrylic enamelat the local paint stores off their color chart for $85. Don't know if any will be a perfect match for the Polaris blue any Ideas. I'm not cheap , but a dollar is a dollar now days.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 12:39
1953 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Re: Polaris Blue acrylic blue paint
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Based on type of paint and brand, the cost varies dramatically. Also you have to figure in the cost of Activator and Reducer into the price as needed.

Matrix is a quality good brand that wont break the bank.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 13:22
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Polaris Blue acrylic blue paint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Those old color charts are manufacturer specific. They can't be used once the stocks are depleted.

Your best option is borrow a part from a car and have it camera matched or borrow some actual paint and do a spray card which can then be camera matched.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 15:40
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved