Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Someone save this 56 Patrician
Just popping in
Just popping in

bede63
See User information
Hello all,

This popped up on Craigslist Boston on 3/24/12:http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/2920819953.html

Has anyone seen it? Looks like a Packard Good Samaritan posted the ad. Although the car looks to be beyond saving, there appear to be lots of good parts. I hope someone can pull it out of there or at least harvest everything useful before they crush it. I can provide assistance to anyone who wants to pursue it.

Best regards,
Charles Schneider
Raynham MA

Posted on: 2012/3/29 12:02
 Top  Print   

Re: Someone save this 56 Patrician
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It's an A/C car to boot!

Posted on: 2012/3/29 12:30
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
At the very least I hope someone gets the dash vents. Even if the under side louver section is broken, if the tops are decent then things could be done. If they still have sharp detail around the lettering a new repro mold would be one option and I'd be interested.

Posted on: 2012/3/29 12:36
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
wHAT IS THE SWITCH BUTTON ON THE DASH BETWEEN THE LEFT RADIO KNOB AND THE CIGAR LITER????

Posted on: 2012/3/29 12:44
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The AC on/off and blower speed adjust. All those components -rheostat, bezel, short flex cable- would be worth saving also. Actually, as the original poster said, lots of good parts. Wish I weren't 3000 miles away.

Posted on: 2012/3/29 12:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Is that an below-dash AC Unit?

Posted on: 2012/3/29 12:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is and looks like a nice one several have been looking for that would fit under the glovebox.

I would bet the factory modulator valve which controlled the temp gave up or was damaged and someone "fixed" the AC with an underdash unit. Not an easily found item and without the valve, either no cooling at all or else nothing but cooling until evaporator freezes over.

Posted on: 2012/3/29 12:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Anyone remember what aftermarket item these are. I have seen the plate with a hole somewhere else. An indicator light I think. Too far to the left for emergency brake bracket which was the first thought. Don't remember the small button either -- although it may be the end of emerg brake rod minus a handle.

Attach file:

jpg  (9.74 KB)
209_4f74bbd95a01c.jpg 177X304 px

Posted on: 2012/3/29 14:45
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Looks like some potential V8 parts among others; A/C, power windows, locks, seat, 374 engine, 56 transmission, TL spares.

Now saying that it could all be rusty as ...., and not usable, but if it was close, I would looking into it.

Posted on: 2012/3/29 14:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
HH, I believe that bracket was for a parking brake indicator light, an accessory offered in 1954 and perhaps earlier and perhaps later, my 54 Patrician had one. Perhaps the V8s w/o pushbutton (they had the parking brake indicator light in the gear quadrant) also used this accessory.

Posted on: 2012/3/29 15:04
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved