Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
140 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Clipper interior trim question
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I am attaching some photos of two pieces of interior trim that were removed when the purchased the Clipper. It appears there is some rope cord inside of a plastic shield or cover. None of the other pieces have these pieces. My questions are what is the the material and is it needed on all the pieces or some or none? Can foam backing be used instead and should it go inside all pieces?

Attach file:

jpg  (62.84 KB)
3889_51d1effccc23f.jpg 1280X720 px

jpg  (53.17 KB)
3889_51d1f01486917.jpg 1280X720 px

jpg  (48.97 KB)
3889_51d1f02b4daca.jpg 1280X720 px

Posted on: 2013/7/1 16:10
 Top  Print   

Re: Clipper interior trim question
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I think those are just there to keep the piece from rattling against the glass. I would image a piece of foam pipe insulation cut into quarters length ways should be a functional replacement.

Posted on: 2013/7/1 16:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Agree with Kev if those are the top and side pieces. If those are the bottom across the dash pieces believe it is also a sort of baffle to aid or direct the defrost air flow and keep turbulence or noise down. If you change to the foam in that application just make sure it doesn't choke off the defroster slots.

Posted on: 2013/7/1 16:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Thanks, that will work and is very simple. Do you have that on your interior pieces and is it used on all of them?
Hope to see your completed Clipper some time in the future.

Posted on: 2013/7/1 16:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I think they are the bottom pieces, so I will try to duplicate the existing for those two so as to not block the defrosters.

Thanks

Posted on: 2013/7/1 22:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Came up with some cash and purchased the Clipper taillights.
Installed the pair tonight. Left taillight would not work at all so took it apart and checked it and reinstalled still did not work. Took it out again and looked at the new bolts I put in, they were black painted. Changed them to steel and the light worked fine(no ground with the painted bolts). It would have taken me days to figure that out before I started reading this website. All the trouble shooting tips have paid off with a better thought process while doing the work on the Clipper.
The lights look great. Now to get some body panel repair estimates for the rear quarter panel.

Posted on: 2013/7/2 20:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved