Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 226

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Class discrimination??
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Was looking at some windlace suppliers on ebay and found what appears to be multi product supplier out of Texas. He has some headliners and carpets also.

The vendor has his offerings sorted by brand. From what he shows, near as I can determine it is the same modern stock sample chart for each brand with same choices & all sold & priced by the foot. You select a color and quantity at the time you do your checkout.

What's interesting is different prices per foot depending on brand. Packard and most luxury brands and a few orphans $3.99. Most GM and some common lower brand cars, $2.99. A few in the middle like Studebaker at $3.49. Doesn't seem to be a consistent method to his pricing and all are higher than other outlets for the same items.

Maybe I'm missing something but at the moment, I can't help but think we Packard or big car aficionados are being discriminated against -- or maybe he just assumes we have money to burn. I guess he charges what he thinks the market will pay but I'm starting to feel picked on.

Posted on: 2013/11/8 21:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Class discrimination??
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I hear ya! Noooooo bueno!!

Posted on: 2013/11/8 22:26
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Packard oftentimes is exotic. Take a look at the range in ebay Germany. They offer brands like Osca, Panoz, Paykan, Perodua, Rayton Fissore and Sipani - to me they sound more like ornamental fishes than cars but no Packard. Zero.

Attach file:

jpg  (37.67 KB)
757_527db13d32658.jpg 500X572 px

Posted on: 2013/11/8 22:51
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
C,mon Howard, you know we all have cans of money stashed all over the back yard. Some of the cans are so big I had to buy a backhoe just to dig them up. And I heard you have a bigger backyard than me.
(You think we would get used to it by the vendors who specialize in our marque)

Attach file:

jpg  (9.37 KB)
23_527db27f85d7b.jpg 276X183 px

Posted on: 2013/11/8 22:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information

Posted on: 2013/11/8 23:08
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

randy berger wrote:
C,mon Howard, you know we all have cans of money stashed all over the back yard. Some of the cans are so big I had to buy a backhoe just to dig them up. And I heard you have a bigger backyard than me.
(You think we would get used to it by the vendors who specialize in our marque)

I may have a bigger backyard but my backhoe was busted digging up the last can so I have to fix that now -- and I forgot where I buried the other cans so with a busted backhoe, can't even dig any more up even if I could remember.

Posted on: 2013/11/8 23:15
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
HH56. What describe about the vendors prices has been rampant theu out the years with with all parts suppliers even local auto paets stores. I've ran into it many times.

Bought a rotor button for a 75 comet. $3. Per chance a week later bought rotor for at same parts store for 65 jeep. $5. Same parts store, same part, same part number on box. EVERYTHING IDENTICLE except i said jeep instead of comet when i walked in.

Been that way for decades that i know of. Same thing happens in clothing sales.

Posted on: 2013/11/8 23:52
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
HH56. What u describe about the vendors prices has been rampant theu out the years with with all parts suppliers even local auto paets stores. I've ran into it many times.

Bought a rotor button for a 75 comet. $3. Per chance a week later bought rotor for at same parts store for 65 jeep. $5. Same parts store, same part, same part number on box. EVERYTHING IDENTICLE except i said jeep instead of comet when i walked in.

Been that way for decades that i know of. Same thing happens in clothing sales.

Posted on: 2013/11/8 23:53
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Same problem exists betwee Cad and Chev and vette.

This why the parts X-ref is so very important.

Posted on: 2013/11/9 0:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I guess you're right. I remember a water pump price between an Olds and Chevy. Same pump but not same price. I just didn't expect to see it happen so blatantly on a modern "fits all" aftermarket generic item.

Posted on: 2013/11/9 9:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved