Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
76 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 73

humanpotatohybrid, RKS, bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

VR25 and VR2 regulators.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'm confused more than usual. Was thinking of buying a spare voltage regulator for the 47.

Parts xref lists both the VR-25 and VR-2 as replacing some various VRP4002 regulators used on 6 volt Packards from 40-50 yet more than one parts store sites lists the VR25 as being used on 61 Studebaker Hawks.

Questions: Am I correct in assuming the Hawk was 12v and if so, how can the same regulator be used on both 6 and 12v cars. If the Hawk is 12v is it the xref that is incorrect or is it the various application lists or will that particular regulator actually work both voltages?

Posted on: 2016/6/8 14:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: VR25 and VR2 regulators.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Perhaps you're mixing part number designations between different manufacturers who both use the VR prefix? I don't find a VR-25 by either manufacturer listed for any Packard. My lists show the following for '47 with Autolite:

NAPA/Echlin VR-23
Standard (now Federal Mogul) VR 2

Posted on: 2016/6/8 15:12
 Top  Print   

Re: VR25 and VR2 regulators.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Could be the problem is the xref has a typo. I am going by the two entries listed in the on site parts xref. One poster has listed VR-25 for a 39 110/120 and another listing has it for a 47.

Posted on: 2016/6/8 15:20
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved