Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
163 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 162

Guscha, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Master Cylinder
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Does anyone make the extender set up for the Master cylinder unit anymore? Has anyone made their own? Send pictures if you have either.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 10:32
 Top  Print   

Re: Master Cylinder
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Extender Setup? Not sure what you are referring to.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 11:01
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I did't know what to call the item, I guess it is an extended fuller tube that attaches to the master cylinder so it can be filled easily.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 11:03
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Oh, ok the remote fill accessory. I think someone was reproducing those if I am not mistaken. Guys?

Posted on: 2011/7/28 11:08
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I believe there was a discussion around the time of the BTV hullabaloo about the remote fill and a need because it would make it easier to check for disappearing fluid levels in the BTVs. Some had not thought too highly of the idea at the time citing no need. Believe Randy had mentioned a friend--I think it was acolds or his brother were thinking of making a few for their immediate needs but don't remember hearing more about it or if it was ever going to be a real project--I think not. As I recall, some of the items they needed had been sourced but others were being difficult & had not been or were proving to be hard to do economically. I think it was the stamped sheet metal bracket that was the biggest problem. Personally, I still think it would be a nice project.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 11:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Unless and until a real looking remote accessory kit comes along, if someone just wants a remote fill and not concerned about authenticity then several are on the market. Here is one.http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-260-8742/

Modifying the master cylinder cap should not be too difficult. Other make forums have had discussions about doing it for those units where a commercial conversion lid was not available. A hole threaded for a common brass fitting for the hose connection. Some have cited a need for extending the fitting to below fluid level but others are unsure on that. It's hard to tell if some of the commercial remote fill caps shown have any obvious extension. Plug up the existing vent hole in the side of cap is the other required step. Here is what a Packard remote cap setup looked like--although I don't know if this was real Packard or aftermarket.

Attach file:

jpg  (18.58 KB)
209_4e319895dddaa.jpg 640X422 px

Posted on: 2011/7/28 12:13
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I think this with a simple bent sheet metal bracket and a tapped OEM lid with the vent hole pulled would work nicely.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/images/D/1485-400-01.jpg

Posted on: 2011/7/28 13:04
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Thanks for the info, now I have an idea of how to set up the system for my Clipper.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 13:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Wendell Spreadbury, Nacogdoces, Texas, was selling them at the Salado Meet for the party that makes them. He is in the PAC directory. If you don't have the directory, PM me and I will give you his contact information. They are easy enough to make, but you may want to check on the ones already made.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/8/1 12:41
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Maybe this person has a flyer or a picture or some contact info on himself or the represented kit that could be put in the Packard directory here. If info already on site somewhere, maybe the links could be revised. The PAC directory doesn't reach some and it would be nice to see what the kit looks like at any rate.

Posted on: 2011/8/1 13:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved