Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
300 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 297

kunzea, John Sauser, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Auto Transporter Recommendation
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Thanks to all who took the time and effort to get back to me with their recommendations and compliments. I have settled on an independent carrier. It is a husband and wife team with a 3-car covered transporter. They served a friend and former neighbor well. Their car was bought from a Southern California broker and transported from the Phoenix area to the San Francisco Bay area. I'll post more information once the car has been received here in Austin. Take care.

Posted on: 2008/9/5 11:15
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
This is a follow-up to the Auto Transporter Recommendation.

I used Phillip Brown (B&B Fat Tire Express, LLC, 1047 S. 240th Dr., Buckeye, AZ 85326, 602.762.2847 (Cell), bbfatire06@live.com) to transport my 47 Custom Clipper from Santa Fe, NM to Austin, TX.

I was most satisfied with the service Phil provided. He has a three car covered trailer. He did what he said he was going to do, when he said he was going to do it, the way he said he was going to do it, and for the price he quoted, $1.00 per mile. There were no surcharges for loading or unloading, oversize vehicle, and fuel. He is reliable and trustworthy, and was on schedule.

I would recommend him to anyone wanting to transport a vehicle. One caveat, the customer must take the initiative for communications. He is responsive to calls and e-mails, but is not prone to initiate them. There were a couple of times that I would have liked to have had more frequent status information. However, he was good at returning calls.

Please let me know if you would like any more information.

Posted on: 2008/10/4 14:52
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Hartmann
See User information
Most Custom Clippers I have seen were factory-equipped with over-drive, meaning they'd cruise nicely between 75-85 mph and "top out" at WELL over 100 mph.

Trouble is, as nice as our Packards are to drive on long trips at extreme speeds, the risk of damage and vandalism is something I am no longer willing to accept.

Think about this - how often will you want to take that georgeous car out on LONG trips, where you will be parking in UNsecured places?

Think about this - how many really fun events will you skip because they are too far, or the weather might turn sour, or you are worried about stones flying up from poorly maintained roads, trucks etc.

I paid about seven grand for my three axle trailer (three axles go thru tires a bit faster than two axles, but give a much smoother ride). With the three axle trailer, I can now range far and wide to let the public see Packard Power. Just came back from the coast and a truly magnificent car event I would NOT have come to, had I faced driving my own Packard on So. Calif freeways.

Think about it. A box trailer with a spring loaded tail-gate would be FREE after a few years of enjoyment of events you'd otherwise probably skip.

Posted on: 2008/10/4 18:02
If it has a red hex on the hub-cap, I love it
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved