Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
237 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 237

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Looking for information/individual
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’ve always thought it interesting too to know the history of one’s car although I have had only a few that I really wanted to know about but never did find out.

One was a blue 1951 Henney-Packard combination coach and I knew the name of the Sacramento funeral home that owned it originally but what interested me is which PAC member owned it in the past as it had a sticker from the club inside the windshield and, as I bought it sometime in the ‘70s, it had to have been a relatively early member. I was in PAC (even as national secretary and Vice President for a while) later from the early ‘80s but never found out.

Another was a 1951 300 parts car with a 1954 roof that had been a race car at some point. Apparently it had rolled in one of its races so the roof was replaced. The car itself is long gone but I still have its original engine with Ultramatic which seemed an odd combination for racing!

The third was not a Packard but rather a 1964 Imperial Crown Limousine by Ghia, one of ten built, that I understood was owned by collector Tom Mix (not the actor) before I bought it but I don’t know who owned it originally.

Posted on: 2023/6/17 13:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
On my pink 55 400 I know the history, as the same guy owned it since like 1966 and 20k miles (now 76k), with 2 previous owners. What I am curious about is my 55 Clipper which I know was bought by a dentist in 1990 presumably as a classic ride. I know that as the car has been title jumped since then (2 people between him and me). What's curious as the car has always been in PA, since 1955 (though the title for whatever reason records the previous title state as TX; perhaps a dealer transfer?). So it's curious that, as far as I know, there's no history beyond that. Though it was already on the PAC roster before I bought it, but the roster keeper didn't know since when or who added it.

Posted on: 2023/6/17 20:19
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packard51
See User information
That's right Bob, I mean it is my time to waste so......Especially because at this point it seems to have done two trips to Canada! Love a mystery!

Posted on: 2023/6/20 5:53
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packard51
See User information
Exactly! It appears mine has been to Canada twice! Chasing a mystery is fun!

Posted on: 2023/6/20 5:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Rum runner!

Posted on: 2023/6/20 9:15
 Top  Print   
Laugh (1)

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packard51
See User information
LMBO That would be hilarious!!LOL

Posted on: 2023/6/20 11:26
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packard51
See User information
Sorry on the late reply BigKev, I have contacted the Roster Keeper and is checking into it for me. At this time, no luck so far.

Posted on: 2023/6/23 7:00
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved