Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
297 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 296

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Best Advertisement for a 1955 400 was .....?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 17:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
WHEN I FINISH A CAR I ALWAYS WONDER WHAT THE ORIGINAL OWNER FELT LIKE DRIVING HIS DREAM FOR THE FIRST TIME
There is an article in April 10, 2010 of OLD CARS and the love affair a fellow Packard enthusiast has with his 56 400.
Almost makes me feel as though he's family.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 20:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Another possibility is to post reviews of the car, like Tom McCahill's review (the car is a 55 clipper, but the review is quite favorable).

Gives some extra credibility and is educational......

Posted on: 2011/8/4 21:27
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is also two pages on 55 Packards in the Feb 55 issue of Motor Trend. Clippers are mentioned but the article is mostly about the features.

Once again, while they can't be printed, the Popular Science archiveshttp://www.popsci.com/archives have many Packard related articles and some reviews for anyone wanting to read them. I can't remember who first posted that link but many thanks and well worth a visit for anyone wanting to relive their younger days by re-reading old magazine articles. The ads for some of the "miracle" things we fell for then before the days of FTC and truth in advertising are still a hoot.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 21:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
IF YOU CAN FIND A REFERENCE TO THE mAGAZINE AND DATE, THERE ARE MANY USED MAGAZINE VENDORS ON FLEABAY. JUST SCAN THE ARTICLE AND GO FROM THERE.

i HAVE HI-RES SCANS OF THE mCCAHILL ARTICLE; IF YOU WANT THEM, i'LL PUT E ON A CD AND MAIL IT....

Posted on: 2011/8/6 14:28
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
my

Of those illustrations shown on the earlier posts, I'd have to go with the side view of the Black and White 400 at the top of the lh page of the brochure. Very classy, and these cars looked especially nice from the side.

Another suggestion (the second cent) Take a beauty pic of your OWN car and photoshop it into a period-looking "ad." You've got great examples to go by, and typically it seems Packard preferred full color illustrations to photos.

Posted on: 2011/8/7 13:06
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
A couple of interesting thing about those two blown up scans of the 55 400 ad in RogerDetroit's post #9:

The 400 pictured is too long compared to it's height, even with the perspective of the representation. It seems to be "artistic license" used in all the 1955 Packard ads to get a longer, lower look than is actually the case with the reworked High Pockets body.

The trunk being loaded does not have a spare tire. Not that the Packard trunk isn't big enough to start with, but no spare tire means that even more "stuff" (hat-tip to George Carlin) can be loaded. Another "artistic license"?

Craig

Posted on: 2011/8/7 13:50
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

Craig wrote:...The trunk being loaded does not have a spare tire. Not that the Packard trunk isn't big enough to start with, but no spare tire means that even more "stuff" (hat-tip to George Carlin) can be loaded. Another "artistic license"?

Craig

Craig, I can see how you would think that there is no spare in the trunk, but the artist did paint one in, albeit wrongly positioned. As you say: "Artistic license".

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2011/8/7 13:57
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved