Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 216

Mike Chirco, Fibonachu, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 42 »

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
4 of them are for sale if you are interested......

P.S. what part of upstate New York???????

Posted on: 2010/3/30 11:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
What are your Mopars? I'm in Binghamton - I was "firedome" here before but changed it when I sold my DeSoto However it was for a good cause - I'll be getting a 56 Clipper soon I hope.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 12:40
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
The mopars that I have for sale are a 1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer 4 dr hardtop, pink and black, a 1962 Dodge Dart 440 4dr sedan, a 1964 Dart 270 convertible, and lastly a 1984 LeBaron Town and Country convertible. 2 others not for sale are a bone stock 1965 Dodge Dart GT Conv. and a 1964 Dodge Dart GT Convertible that I have customized. Binghamton is not far from Gettysburg. Will you have your Clipper there?????

Posted on: 2010/3/30 13:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Nothing major as far as the car goes, just some chrome
application and making sure the doors open and close without
scrubbing but I do have some progress on an accessory. Picture attached. BTW the plate is not finished yet it still has some detailing to be done. Am waiting for the upholstery guy to free up.

Attach file:

jpg  (35.29 KB)
430_4bc25bb6df37c.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/4/11 18:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
"GLOOM DISPAIR AND AGONY ON ME, DEEP DARK DREPRESSION, EXCESSIVE MISERY, IF IT WERN'T FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL, GLOOM DISPAIR AND AGONY ON MEEE.."

My upholstery guy has been laid low by some persistant heart related issues that he will not get the lowdown on until Monday. I am preparing to pull my stuff and go to another guy. This guy may not want to do the work since I went to the other guy from him years ago. But I cannot be in this same situation by the end of May that I am in now.

I need the month of June to finish up the car to be ready for Gettysburg. Of course I feel real bad about my upholstery guy but..........

Posted on: 2010/4/30 14:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
SO sorry Al. I had to go and mention bad ju-ju. Honest to the gods, I was only kidding. But, fear not, for the interior of the car can be locked away from the prying eyes of nit-picky people. I always say, roll up the windows, lock the doors, and good enough will be good enough... especially if you go with Deep Tint glass.

Best of luck to you.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 19:56
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Damn when is this crap going to end. I made the decision to transfer the work to another upholsterer. I picked the stuff up and brought it to the new guy. Now keep in mind a couple of things. 90% of the material for the seats has been cut and sewn. Most of the work left was the assembly of the foam into the seats. He quotes me $2600. The way I am looking at it is, he really did not want to do the job and rather than tell me that he gives me a B.S. price that he is sure I will not take, He was right, so now it's back to the old upholsterer. Now with the oil spill in the gulf threatening to drive the price of diesel fuel to around $4 a gal, I may have to consider not going to the Nationals at all.

Posted on: 2010/5/6 12:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
AND THE BEAT GOES ON. Have made progress on the car but even if I can get it to the point of taking it to Gettysburg, we won't be able to go. The known costs as of right now are in the $1,500 - $2,000 range and I am still out of work, so I am going to have to pull the plug. If anyone needs a motel reservation at the host hotel let me know. I checked with them and I can assign anyone my reservation. All you have to do after I give them your name is for you to call them and give them you credit card info.

Had it down to the shop over the last couple of days to get the exhaust system completed. Had to replace toggle switched for the torsion level manual system and for the elec. fuel pump. Have prepared a few pictures so enjoy.

Attach file:

jpg  (67.65 KB)
430_4bfb106529c3c.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (48.15 KB)
430_4bfb22ebed6be.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (29.26 KB)
430_4bfb24fccb4e7.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (59.36 KB)
430_4bfb25604873f.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/5/24 19:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
It looks so nice AL, and you worked so diligently, it seems a shame if you can't debut the Clipper where you want to. I hope you find a way... what is the major cost of going on a show trip like this, if I may ask?

It's the same old song, isn't it? "When I got the time I don't got the money, and when I got the money I don't got the time."

I truly hope you get it to the show, in spite of everything, and even if you don't, you'll still have a beautiful car to admire, and show off. That car would look awesome in a parade! Or at a graduation!

Please post all the pics you can. You may be getting used to looking at The ClipperRod, but we at PackInfo aren't.

Best wishes,

Posted on: 2010/5/27 10:17
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Al,

The car looks sweet. I too hope you can get it to the National after all of your hard work.

If you do decide not to go, PM me as I would like a room at the host hotel.

Good Luck,

Dezi

Posted on: 2010/5/27 11:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 42 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved