Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »

Re: that Effin' Pin!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
OK

Go to www.napaonline.com

Under "My Vehicles" enter 1955 Ford Thunderbird

Under filters choose Fuel and Emissions System

Then choose Fuel Pump and Related Parts

Under Category choose Fuel Pump

The Bosch Fuel Pump will be the only thing there though it seems that the price has gone up to $19.09 over night.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 16:09
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The $20.00 pump looks interesting and it's a name brand. To sell it for that little, wonder where it is made. Slightly different shape to arm but looks like it fits some of the same engines the Airtex cross does so it should work.

One thing I'd be thinking about is the different location for the ports. Being on the bottom instead of sides, at the least some different fittings will probably be required. At the worst, the existing inlet hose or steel tube to filter and carb won't fit so ingenuity might come into the picture. In our mount location, working a wrench on the one fitting could get interesting so it might have to be made up before bolting to engine.

Anyone who decides to try one, a note of anything extra that is needed would help the next guy.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 17:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
to Search Results List
Fuel Pump - (OE Mechanical Type)
Part Number: BSH N68407
Product Line: Bosch
Attributes:
Fuel Pump Fitting Size[s] : Fuel Pump - Mech
Warranty: Limited 12 Months

Warranty PDF

Warranty PDF
Important Information: w/ Electric Wipers
Have questions about this item? Call your local NAPA AUTO PARTS Store at 800-LET-NAPA (800-538-6272)
Buyer's Guide: For a list of specific cars that this part is compatible with, please visit our Buyer's Guide.
Purchase Item
$17.99 /ea
At Warehouse
Call for Details
Reserve & Pick Up Quantity:
Online purchase not available. Why?
Reserve & Pick Up FAQs
What is Reserve & Pick Up?
Why Reserve Your Items Online?
How Reserve & Pick Up Works
Out-of-Stock or Unavailable Items
Buy Online FAQs
Delivery Time
Shipping and Handling Charges
Where We Ship
Tracking Your Order
Hazardous Materials

Posted on: 2012/8/14 18:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
I'd like some clarification on the issue discussed by Howard concerning location of the ports. I'd much rather not have to mess with changing any hoses or tubes. I'd pay dearly more not to have to do that.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 18:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You can compare the locations on your AC pump to the picture of the Napa pump. One of the ports looks like it may be out the side similar to AC but the other port is on the bottom. No idea what size either is or if the fittings can be removed and others substituted.

EDIT: I was looking at a couple of other parts sites and they both show the dual action pump for 55 Tbirds. Did those cars have electric or vacuum wipers?

Attach file:

jpg  (17.18 KB)
209_502ae4c3bbcb1.jpg 619X329 px

Posted on: 2012/8/14 18:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Dual-action on eBay now. 19days left. high price $100. Look at the X-ref in the eBay ad. Basically 60 and 61 fords and mercs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vacuum-Fuel-Pump-Fairlane-Galaxie-292-352-New-3461-RARE-/300752134131?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AThunderbird&hash=item4606395ff3&vxp=mtr

Posted on: 2012/8/14 20:06
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
If you go to www.napalonline.com and enter 1956 Thunderbird then Fuel and Emission Systems; Fuel Pumps & Related Parts - a dual action pump for the '56 with vacuum wipers comes up for $63.99. Doesn't specify brand so I presume it's the House pump.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 20:33
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Go to the Napaonline withOUT declaring a store nor location of any type. THEN follow Jim-l's directions in the post just above.

It will show TWO dual actions: NFP M73063 and AFP4406.

To get price i had to enter my zip. But the NFP M73063 disappeared from the list and only showed the AFP 4406 at $63.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 21:37
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
I'd really like to find one with the ports in the exact location of mine, especially as to the port to the carb, since I have a metal hose on that one. See pic:

Attach file:

jpg  (130.66 KB)
1168_502b98c90dda7.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/8/15 7:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Perhaps economics is part of your issue, but if not I'd suggest just doing it once and be done with it. Get a correct used fuel pump core from someone like Mike Dulinski, have it professionally rebuilt, get rid of that jury-rigged fuel pump inlet hose and get the correct one, and reroute or make a new pump to carburetor line if necessary. That could all be done in less time than we've spent chatting about it.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 9:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved