Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 83 84 85 (86) 87 88 89 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yeah i'm trying to come up with something myself for a partial sleave/chest/back. some stuff from my comic book Bible and Packard related too.

coming up with tattoos is hard work. i came up with this one myself, but it was easier.

i'm guessing diamond dimples is a tattoo place?

Hank

Posted on: 2011/6/21 10:00
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
The trick to the post office is to go during "off hours". Avoid lunch time hours and evening rush hour. However, i live in a hick town so Post Office traffic here is not usualy heavy.

The USPS Delivery Confirmation is striclty to protect the SHIPPER from any accusations of having never shipped. I alwasy ship USPS and more often than not use the Delivery Confirmation BUT I ALWAYS PAY IT OUT OF MY OWN POCKET, NO CHARGE to customer. USPS insurance i mite pay myself or charge customer. Insurance just depends on a variety of circustances.

Posted on: 2011/6/21 10:07
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The USPS Delivery Confirmation is striclty to protect the SHIPPER from any accusations of having never shipped.
If that's the case, they should change the name to shipper confirmation. Anywhere else, delivery confirm means it was delivered and someone was there to receive, confirm and usually even sign for it.

Posted on: 2011/6/21 10:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Diamond Dimples is one of the ladies around here.

Local Tat shop moved to different town about a year ago so we have no local tat artist anymore. The one we had was excellent but she just couldn't get enuf business here in such a sparesly populated area. Lots of competition in that field as i understand. Oddly enuf, the local dentist does very well for over 30 years now. I think the tat shop would have dome very well had she just waited about a year for the town to pass beer and liquor by the drink. Formerly it was a "dry" town.

Posted on: 2011/6/21 10:15
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Quote:
" Anywhere else, delivery confirm means it was delivered and someone was there to receive, confirm and usually even sign for it."

Yes. That's true. But the idea of the delivery confiirmation does not gaurantee that the RIGHT person actualy recieved the parcel. The DC only gives the shipper documation to present to the receiver that in fact he did ship the parcel with a disclaimer that he has no control over the parcel after it leaves his possession.

The DC gives the shipper ONLY proof that he did in fact ship and did not simply take the buyers money and do nothing.

Even on the insurance the shiiper has to negotiate the settlement with the Post office. OR that's the way i understand it.

Posted on: 2011/6/21 10:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Biggest problem i've had with UPS is when I am the receiver. UPS calls me 3 or 4 times over 10 days. EACH time a DIFFERENT person from UPS calls and asks me THE SAME question: "what is your name and address so we can resolve this matter". I don't recieve much FedEx and never had much trouble out of FEDEX. But i tend to avoid shippers that refuse to ship USPS. I just don't need anything bad enuf that i will never receive anyway.

Posted on: 2011/6/21 10:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Henry,

To let the shipping question rest for a while, what's your next step on the car?

Posted on: 2011/6/27 19:26
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
waiting on a piston to arrive that i exchanged with Jack. it had some things about it i didn't like and he was a true gentlemen and exchanged me no questions asked.

the block is at the machine shop and i will be calling today for an update on that. they were backed up so i don't suspect they have done anything yet, but its been a week since i took it in.

all the other pistons are there and when i get this last piston in i need to bring it to them along with the mains as i forgot to bring those with me as well. doh!

i thought about buying that carribean block on ebay....but the money to ship it was insane. would have been cool to have 5588-1003 block in my car. number 3....thats cool.

more to come.

Hank

Posted on: 2011/6/28 8:39
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
first off...sorry guys that i haven't been as active in the blog as i could be. i am about to free up some garage space when the boat goes away this saturday. Thank God!

its hard to watch everyone's progress and i'm just stagnent....blugh. congrats to everyone else though. although the summer months seem harder for me as its been over 100 every day this month so far. winter is easier...i have a way to heat the garage to my perfect temp and i have nothing better to do considering it gets dark at 5:30 half the time.

i did get a call from the machine shop yesterday, after 3 weeks almost, saying that the block checked up good. so, we are moving forward with boring for the new 374 pistons. i had to take them the main caps cause if forgot and i wanted to take a picture, but he said the block was back in the vat machine after the mag and i couldn't....oh well.

Mike i did get your text message back, but i was in bed already. we will meet up soon.

hopefully they will have it all done by saturday or early next week and hopefully they take my words to wise to follow the engine manual i gave them.

since i don't know how much all that is really going to cost me i'm debating over whether or not to buy the gasket kit and bearings and stuff. hmmmm i do get paid on friday....but alas.....bills....dang!

Posted on: 2011/7/13 9:24
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
well the shop i was going to wants 400 bucks to bore from 4" to 4.125" no thanks.

so i'm shopping around. called a racing shop....guy says...he needs to get a 372 Packard block...he cant bore a 352 to 374 they are too thin.....dude....they are the same block. after i explained to him it is fine...he said 250...getting better on the price.

i may go to them, even though they are about 45 minutes outside of the DFW area, as they are a racing shop and i believe they can polish my intake and heads like i wanted to begine with. i want them all smoothed out. i'll be calling them back shortly to ask that question.

hang tight....it might be a bumpy ride soon.

Hank

Posted on: 2011/7/14 9:26
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 83 84 85 (86) 87 88 89 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved