Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 106

29tons, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Aftermarket Rocker Panels
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Has anyone tried replacing the rocker panels on a 55 2 door Clipper? How was the fit quality? Are the replacement panels pretty much a "one size fits all" for 55/56 2door Clippers? How difficult of a job was the replacement?
Thanks for any and all info.
John

Posted on: 2012/7/31 18:57
 Top  Print   

Re: Aftermarket Rocker Panels
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
While we are on the subject does anyone make rear wheel arches and lower rear fender patch panels for a 1954 Patrician?

Posted on: 2012/7/31 21:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
John,
I've been researching a similar issue for the rockers on my 47 Clipper. Check out:

c2cfabrication.com

They have been mentioned on other threads regarding rocker panel replacement.

My plan is to look for competent body man to inspect my car and take along a print out of the rocker panel replacements and go from there.

Mark

Posted on: 2012/7/31 23:15
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
No one makes "exact" rocker replacements. As far as the wheel arches and rear corner patches, they either have to come from a donor car, or make your own like I did.

Posted on: 2012/8/1 0:11
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Hello Friends,
RE: 41-47 Clippers, Does anyone know of a source for reproduction dog leg shaped brackets that connect the rockers to the frame? Or, has anyone have some guidance on their fabrication? (Looks like five on each side, see Service Letter Vol.15 No.7 Page 1).
In profile, they are elongated U shaped, no doubt for extra strenght. I suppose a thicker, flat stock would work.
Guidance appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Posted on: 2012/8/2 21:41
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Those should be available from a parts car as they are not high demand items. Check with Ross as we may have some from his part cars.

Posted on: 2012/8/2 23:20
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Bigkev,
That's pretty much what I thought. Mine have lots of "pinholes" but are suprisingly sturdy, so I may just spend the time welding, or brazing, up the holes. At least that's a job I can do lying down.... ;^)
John

Posted on: 2012/8/7 8:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55 NC Clipper
See User information
I purchased the rockers and was very unhappy with them. They do not have the same curve as the front doglegs or the rear quarter. They height was wrong too, when I cut out the existing rocker and then put it in, the flanged underside was about 2" below where the rocker previously had stopped, so I had to cut a 2" 20 gauge strip, weld it on to the purchased rocker to make up the gap.

I know they were for 400's and senior models, but I didn't think there was going to be that much of a difference.

Posted on: 2012/8/8 12:53
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved