Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
175 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 171

Todd W. White, 39Rollson, Tobs, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

spring clips
Home away from home
Home away from home

1OF750
See User information
missing one spring clip that holds down trim at top of door mine is a convertible so trim that you find at top of quarter at rear side window. they are spring wire with two bumps on one end square on other 1-1/4 wide with two arms sticking out perpendicular that slip into hole and expand on other side holding it in place.

where can I find this part

thanks

Posted on: 2013/5/4 11:33
 Top  Print   

Re: spring clips
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
How about a picture?

Posted on: 2013/5/4 11:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Biv Kev went through a lot of trouble to load the parts books onto this site for everyone to use. Just look up the number you need and I'll bet you will get help quickly. Trying to describe the thinghy ma bob near the doo hickey does not get a lot of help.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 13:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
max merrit has a good supply, u can also bend up a coat hanger. if i know what size i will send you one. dell

Posted on: 2013/5/4 16:08

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

1OF750
See User information
have looked at parts list. 1953 Caribbean, will print it out after I get some paper. I looked at quarter panel section, rear door section and rear window I guess I have to get used to it but I guess it will be clearer looking at print out. is that window trim, door trim (is a 2 door)or quarter panel trim?

will add pic in morn

lost in the forest

ken

Posted on: 2013/5/4 16:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Are you referring to the wire clips that hold the molding on? If so, some are obsolete but if Dell doesn't have what you need then Restoration Specialtieshttp://www.restorationspecialties.com/ has about the best selection still available. Not sure where the clips are on their new site so you may need to download the catalog to find them. MrG'shttp://www.mrgusa.com/index.html is another source but probably has the same as RestorationSpec.

Attach file:

jpg  (10.38 KB)
209_51859529a0639.jpg 220X152 px

Posted on: 2013/5/4 18:13
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

1OF750
See User information
that's the one!!!!

thanks for the help!!!

Ken

Posted on: 2013/5/4 21:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

1OF750
See User information
MR G discontinued this item

who is Dell?

Thanks for all help

Posted on: 2013/5/5 6:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
1OF750 wrote:

Quote:
have looked at parts list. 1953 Caribbean, will print it out after I get some paper.

Hope you're not thinking of printing the entire parts book from the PDF. It would be more cost-effective to simply to buy a reprint that's long been available in the brick-n-mortar world.

Even of you're only talking about printing one or a few pages, keep in mind that these PDFs are meant to be a quick, on-screen reference. If you can't get sufficient clarity by zooming in with Adobe Reader, then printing it out ain't gonna do any better.

When it comes to clarity, nothing beats a good, clean original document, but even those might not give you everything you're looking for.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 9:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

1OF750 wrote:
MR G discontinued this item

who is Dell?

Thanks for all help

Dell is the person who replied in post #4. He mentions a possibility and if Max or he does not have the correct item, I would download the restoration specialties catalog.

Look thru starting around page 121 and keep going for a few stragglers ending about page 151. If you see some likely candidates, print that page. It should come out actual size so measure or if you have an old clip lay it on top of the illustration to see if it works. You can contact them to verify if it is still available.

Restoration had a large supply but since those style clips haven't been used by mfgs for years, if the old stock is gone or Auveco has stopped making them, there are not many options. You might be able to find an unrusted used one or use a universal type with a nut holding it on if you can access the body behind the molding. Packard used both types and frequently had a few spring types followed by a nut type to secure the molding from sliding or draw it in tighter at a curve.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 9:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved