Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
191 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 188

Darrin180, R H, 1929ClubSedan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1956 Patrician for sale on eBay -- Again!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Wile
See User information
For those of you who may be interested in such things, that 1956 Packard Patrician located in Wayne, Pennsylvania, is up for sale on eBay once again. This has got to be the fifth (5th) time that I've seen this particular car on eBay since the Spring of 2011 - with no sale yet.

The car looks fairly nice by the photos posted and if my memory serves me correctly, the seller wanted to get at least $18,500.00 for it, but I have absolutely no idea whether that is the reserve on the auction.

1956 Packard Patrician

Attach file:

jpg  (22.24 KB)
3929_518546ed602be.jpg 500X375 px

jpg  (26.79 KB)
3929_5185471ee9674.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2013/5/4 12:35
PA Patrician (Tim Wile)

[size=x-small][color=000099][font=Georgia][url=https://packardinfo.c
 Top  Print   

Re: 1956 Patrician for sale on eBay -- Again!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
It's a handsome car, but this is a buyer's market thanks to everybody being killed by declining incomes.

The Iraq/Afhgan stuff has cost each American household $40,000 and counting. It's being paid off by squeezing the taxpayers. Such is the high cost of Patriotism.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 12:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Wile
See User information
I can't argue with that . . . it definitely is a buyer's market. Great time to be looking to pick up a car, but a terrible time to try and sell one.

Unless you do most of the work yourself, you'll never get out of one of these cars what you put into it. When you take on a project to restore one of these gems, you do it for something other than monetary gain. Hopefully, when the car is finished, it will stay in the family for a time, if the kids and grandkids appreciate fine workmanship and machinery from a bygone era.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 14:18
PA Patrician (Tim Wile)

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Wile
See User information
As of Saturday, 4 May 13, @ 7:00 pm EST, it was up to $7,600 with the reserve unmet. If past experiene is any guide, the bidding will probably stall around $14K to $16K with the reserve remaining unmet.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 18:06
PA Patrician (Tim Wile)

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
It boils down to people want what they want and don't try to confuse them with facts, such as a busted economy, losing $40-60K on their retirement funds and can't afford to retire.
The big money is out there, but only for incentive loaded corvettes and hemi-cuda convertibles.

Posted on: 2013/5/17 10:34
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved