Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
87 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 86

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Of dial-up, ISP, 4G, MB etc etc
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'm at my wits end with dial-up (UNlimited usage). Trying to get an answer out of the IT world from tech'ies doesn't work because GB usage means nothing to a business or 4G business plans they are signed up for.

The problem is that i have absolutely no idea how much GB i need. NetZero offers a 2GB,4GB and 8GB plans. But trying to determine how much GB i need still has me bewildered. Is there some way to determine how much GB i CURRENTLY use say monthly over the last 3 to 6 months so i can choose a plan?????

ANyone else NetZero 4G wireless???? Or what does anyone recommend. Cable and satellite and WiFi are simply not available here on the pigs paths and cow trails of Keg county Tn So it's either dial-up or 4G wireless (also called MyFi???). THis shit all has me baffled. Most locals have satellite with unreliable results. In fact, many of them have as many threee dishes in their yard due to terrain and seasonal foliage among other issues.

I'd like to go completely wireless in case i ned to carry the 'puter out to the yard or back in the woods.

CELL phone works just fine here so i assume 4G wireless would work too.

But it's the GB limit that has me baffled. Here's the link to NetZero offerings. Of course their "chat" doesn't work.

http://store.netzero.net/account/viewWirelessOffers.do

Posted on: 2013/6/5 13:51
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: Of dial-up, ISP, 4G, MB etc etc
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Your current ISP will probably have a usage page -- at least mine does -- where you can log in to your account and see what you have been using. If you can't find a page, I'm sure a call to their customer support can find an answer.

On most sites pictures and videos are the hogs. What you need kind of depends on what sites you want to view and what you want to download.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 14:02
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
As long as you dont watch movies or anything like that, I dont think you would ever use more than 4GB in a single month through normal web browsing and usage. But you could start with a 2GB plan, and up the plan if needed.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 14:09
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Keith, if you want to maintain a traditional/conventional phone in your home, you can also go wireless with it. I recently changed my home's land line to wireless. Kept the same number and reduced my costs as the new wireless service is only $10 per month. Get a modem from your phone company and plug it in. We are working our way to be a cell only household and the wireless home phone is a stop gap measure.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/6/5 17:06
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Many are going all wireless here too. Only downside is in case of disaster. If power is lost the modem and in house service generally has issues while landline still works. If the cell tower is damaged, cell and probably wireless too dies. Of course in a real disaster like tornados, earthquakes, blizzards & floods, probably nothing will work.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 17:19
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved