Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
96 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 94

Kiwi Lad, Guscha, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Carburetor rebuild???
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

zougeride
See User information
I am having all of those things like fuel pump, water pump, and oil pump restored thanks to suggestions from members of Packard Information and I send my thanks for the very good suggestions.

Now, the time has come for the carburetor to take a late summer vacation and return to me restored to like new. I would very much appreciate any and all suggestions regarding an individual or business that will do a good job on refurbishing my Packard's carb.

There was a time I could do it myself, but with what eyesight I retain I might take a rebuild kit and turn out a hand held time machine!!!

Thanking all advice givers in advance.

Zougeride

Posted on: 2013/8/28 14:30
 Top  Print   

Re: Carburetor rebuild???
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There are several carburetor rebuilders around with good reputations but IMO no one is better than Daytona Parts down in Florida.

Posted on: 2013/8/28 14:40
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Alvin14
See User information
Had Daytona rebuild my carb several years ago and totally agree with O_D. Send it to them.

Posted on: 2013/8/28 16:45
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

zougeride
See User information
Thank you Alvin14 and Owen_Dyneto for the carb recommendation. I am in contact with Daytona Parts.

Zougeride

Posted on: 2013/8/29 9:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
There is one minor problem with Daytona Parts CO - that being when you get the carb back you may want to put it on your mantle rather than on the car. :)

Posted on: 2013/8/29 11:50
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved