Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

New tire choices.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

T from KC
See User information
Since I'm new enjoy the therapy of working on this project I would like input. 1937 115c . The old tires are flat spotted bad so my first major purchase which will get me on the road are tires. 1. Tube or tubeless?.
What do most of you run.? 2. looking at a 4 inch whitewall.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 22:52
 Top  Print   

Re: New tire choices.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Chances are good that the rims will satisfactory hold tubeless tires if that's the way you wish to go. Rims specifically for tubeless didn't come along until 1954 but many folks with late prewar cars find no problems with tubeless.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 23:10
 Top  Print   

Re: New tire choices.
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I installed a set of Diamondback tubeless radial tires on my 115C several years ago and have had no problems with them holding air. Make sure the sealing area on you wheels are clean if you decide to go with tubeless tires. Can't compare performance with bias ply tires as the ones that were on the car when the change took place were completely worn out, but they steer, stop, and ride smoothly.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/3/6 12:45
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved