Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 222

bkazmer, curpack, cmarshall@kanter.com, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

It's A girl - New Arrival
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Fellow Packard members

Thought I'd drop a line to say that the 1955 Caribbean which I purchased a few months ago has finally landed down under. I picked the car up today and well... I LOVE IT. The car needs a bit of work but thats the fun of it all.

Now I have a quick question, i am sure i will have many more. Basically when we examined the engine the car seemed to have only 3 readable numbers on the engine no: 167 is there meant to be more numbers than this used to identify the engine.

Basically today we drove the car from the docking area to my mechanics so tomorrow we will have a good chance to look over the vehicle. I will post some images soon.

It feels like christmas

Regards,
Mat

Posted on: 2008/8/19 7:51
 Top  Print   

Re: It's A girl - New Arrival
Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Bellefeuille
See User information
Alright!!!
I'm standing on the edge of the sofa and applauding you on your new arrival! Cheers!

Posted on: 2008/8/19 9:54
Paul
1955 Clipper Super

"Your fate is just your destiny when you do not try." Cosy Sheridan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Look on the engine very near the oil filler tube. There is a flat horizontal area there and the VEHICLE number matching the number on the door post should be stamped there. Note that LATE 56 ALSO had stampped the ENGINE number at that point too.

On 55 and 56 (except late 56) there is an ENGINE number stamped on the EXTREME upper right rear corner of the BLOCK on a pad near the head mating surface. It is difficult tot get to and u will probably have to jack the car up.

Posted on: 2008/8/19 10:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

packard34 wrote:
Fellow Packard members......the 1955 Caribbean which I purchased a few months ago has finally landed down under. I picked the car up today and well... I LOVE IT. The car needs a bit of work but thats the fun of it all...........It feels like christmas Regards,Mat

That's great Mat. And as you said, now the fun part starts. Congratulations, and hope to see it soon at a Packard Club run here. I'll take a pic of you and the Caribbean and post it here not for your embarrassment but for everyone's enjoyment.

Not this - , but this -

Posted on: 2008/8/19 16:07
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Latest Update:

It took a few months of work but last Thursday the 55 Caribbean was registered in New South Wales So yes, there's another Packard on the road down under. I pick the car up from the mechanics workshop during the next few days. The car still needs to have a bit of work done on it, but its on the road so were over the first hurdle.

I also was wondering about Parade boots, I know these may be of a rarity but is there anyone who makes or sells these?

Many thanks,
Mathew

Posted on: 2008/11/9 1:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
packard34 wrote: It took a few months of work but last Thursday the 55 Caribbean was registered in New South Wales So yes, there's another Packard on the road down under. I pick the car up from the mechanics workshop during the next few days. The car still needs to have a bit of work done on it..........

Mat,

Congratulations, there was some discussion today at Wyong whether you get would there but this explains your absence. Instead, bring it to the Christmas run to Vickery's winery next month. See you there!

Posted on: 2008/11/9 1:59
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved