Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 79

BigKev, BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Autolite Distributor Parts Diagram
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
I am trying to find a parts diagram for the Autolite IGT-4203 distributor. (used on 2106, 2206 and 2306, I believe) The parts book details the Delco only.
Thanks.
Mark

Posted on: 2014/5/28 20:38
 Top  Print   

Re: Autolite Distributor Parts Diagram
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't know if either will be of help with what you need but there are Autolite illustrations in the 35-41 and also 48-54 parts books. I think the basic construction will be very similar to ours with differences being minor or mostly in the calibration. The early book has one with the integral vacuum advance which looks like ours and while the 48 manual shows the exploded view better, it has the different vacuum advance setup that rotates the entire dist body instead of just the plate. It does list the individual part numbers for our model dist.

There is also some info and photos in the 19, 20, 21st series Ignition System Training Manual available in the literature section.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 21:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Thanks Howard, I will take a look. Appears as though I am missing the pointer/indicator for the gauge on the mounting flange. Also, I don't seem to have any washer, o-ring, gasket or whatever, to keep oil where it belongs.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 21:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't have a pointer either -- just the lines on the plate which line up with what appears to be a mark on the block. On mine the bolt holes are slotted and I assumed that is where the rotation comes from while the dist stays clamped in the plate... Maybe I am in error??? If you mean something around the hole in the block for retaining any oil, I also don't have anything in the way of a gasket or ring.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 22:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It's extremely uncommon to remove a distributor and still find the cork gasket in place. I used to make them as needed from cork sheet but of late haven't bothered, no oil every seems to make it's way up the shaft and out at that point.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 22:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Well guys, thanks for the info. Howard, I will look for a line on the block. The leftovers in the overhaul gasket kit contains an o-ring that fits nicely over the distributor shaft - I'll try that just for the heck of it.
Getting closer to start-up.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 23:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Mine has dots which I took to be some form of arrow -- at least that is what I am going to use them for.

Attach file:

jpg  (40.66 KB)
209_5386b7584ca4b.jpg 789X585 px

Posted on: 2014/5/28 23:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

RON ROBBEL
See User information
I have an old used IGT 4203 7B distributor that may be good for parts. You can have it for the mailing cost. Ron @ 541-788-8172 or RARKLR@AOL.COM

Posted on: 2023/4/25 21:21
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

RON ROBBEL
See User information
I have an old used IGT 4203 7B distributor that may be good for parts. You can have it for the mailing cost. Ron @ 541-788-8172 or RARKLR@AOL.COM

Posted on: 2023/4/25 21:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved