Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 71

ElGroucho, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

41-42 Door Alignment (non convertible)
Home away from home
Home away from home

RichK
See User information
I've just got my body back on my chassis after over year. I marked all the body cushions and shims. I thought the door alignmnents would be fairly easy but couldn't be more wrong. They aren't bad, just not good.

For the non-converts, do we really get a lot of movement with the body shims? My car is a 1941 110 2 door. The car seems pretty solid, and my painter appears skeptical the shims will get us there.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted on: 2015/1/11 12:52
 Top  Print   

Re: 41-42 Door Alignment (non convertible)
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The shims or body cushion thickness do affect the doors on the postwar cars so maybe on prewars too. You didn't mention what is out but there are a few paragraphs on door to body alignment in the 51-4 and 55-6 body section of SM. I realize it is not quite the same body or hinge arrangement but maybe you can pick up an idea or two that would apply.

There was a poster last year or year before who mentioned a general use pamphlet that was available on eaby at the time. It detailed shims, locations, what was affected changing at a particular place and how to determine what was needed. He asked if anybody had seen one or thought it might be useful and if so he would pick it up. I don't remember what the responses were or if he bought the book but maybe the poster or someone else is familiar or knows whether it is something available from other sources.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 14:11
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved