Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
237 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 237

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

AC Vent
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Would anyone happen to have any dimensions on the prewar package shelf AC vent. Any firm numbers would be a help. This photo (don't know whee it came from) is a good view of the vent and shows what I think is a subtle size change due to a curvature on the rear side.

I am thinking the base might be something around 3 x 10 because of a depression in the shelf sheetmetal where the cut through was probably made. Just a guesstimate though -- because of the intermediate attachment piece between the shelf and the vent it is hard to say if that is accurate.

Attach file:

jpg  (80.07 KB)
209_55477b069bf02.jpg 1280X704 px

Posted on: 2015/5/4 9:15
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: AC Vent
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
please send a PM if you are looking at making one

Posted on: 2015/5/4 9:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
HH56, that photo came from me and taken of the unit on a 1941 180 type 1442; it's an original Bishop & Babcock installation.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 10:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Dave, Thanks for the attribute on the photo and for taking such a detailed view. One of the better ones I've seen showing how the vent is positioned. My apologies for not giving credit where due.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 11:49
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
PM sent.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 15:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved