Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

clips, fasteners for 1941- 160 body moulding strips
Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Hello all, Would like to cut to the chase as I have spent more than a few hours chasing up a suppy source for the original clips for the body moulding clips around the tub and across the doors of Noel's 41 160 coupe. I have included a few snaps of the items and they are 0.75 inch in length, with the width being relatively academic, but 0.50 inch would be good. Has anyone any leads on the items or a suitable equivalent. I would prefer bulk packs (50 or so) but supply and demand in mind, I shall be happy with what I can obtain. A few snaps are attached....and of course....A Merry Xmas and a Prosperous 2016 to all. Best from Down Under...Peter Toet. . .

Attach file:

jpg  (21.81 KB)
154_5678fd0fb87d3.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (21.03 KB)
154_5678fd4369c2c.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/12/22 2:35
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Re: clips, fasteners for 1941- 160 body moulding strips
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Iaccino
See User information
Au-ve-co, a company in Kentucky has the fasteners you need. You may have to buy 'universal, fasteners' as the exact ones you need may not be in production anymore. I used them on my 41. They have a web site, but I don't know how to post a link. Just google them and you will find them.

Posted on: 2015/12/22 5:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Also Restoration Specialties, though they seem technically challenged at their website. I tried to find wire moulding clips that are listed in the printed catalog I have of theirs, but they no longer want to sell the original wire type or they ran out. I'm pretty sure I used their #20471 for belt moulding on my 1940, but that number doesn't come up in a search of the site.

You can contact them at: info@restorationspecialties.com or by phone at 814-467-9842 if you have any questions.

Posted on: 2015/12/22 7:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Thanks John and Joe, Those are good leads and I shall follow them up. Thanks again. Peter

Posted on: 2015/12/22 17:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
here's another catalog, they have pretty much everything and something here would likely fit your needs. it's a big file but has all the measurements and pictures.

http://www.wesales.com/pdf/2013-14CATALOG.pdf

Posted on: 2015/12/22 17:40
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Thanks Hans....Peter Toet

Posted on: 2015/12/23 2:17
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved