Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Selling name??
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I was on Amazon and ran across several probably made in China radios and other electronic items with the Studebaker name on them. The logo appears to be in the same sort of blockish straight across the bottom script that Stude used.

Have these been long time products and I just missed them? Anyone know if the current corporation sold the name or did it just fall out of registration and was picked up for cheap.

So many old quality brands like Bell and Howell, Emerson and a couple of other well knowns met that fate. With inexpensive products they never would have touched back in the day now being sold on TV, I wonder if Packard could be the next brand you see on a cheap piece of infomercial merchandise.

Attach file:

jpg  (100.62 KB)
209_58f3a562f36f7.jpg 1542X654 px

Posted on: 2017/4/16 12:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Selling name??
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Howard (HH56), they do -> this for decades without both, sense of shame and sense of taste.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2017/4/17 1:35
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Shields
See User information
The famous Packard script, the Packard coat of arms, and the word "Packard" are all trademarked with the patents held by the Packard Club (PAC.) Thus they couldn't be legally used without obtaining a license from the club. Full details can be found by clicking "More Information" under the Trademarks heading on the club's home page at www.packardclub.org.

Posted on: 2017/4/17 21:52
Don Shields
1933 Eight Model 1002 Seven Passenger Sedan
1954 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
We've been shamelessly ripped off for years by Starbucks for a $5 (or more) coffee, so I see that more as the chickens are coming home to roost.

Posted on: 2017/4/17 22:34
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved