Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 222

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

J-6065 Load Arm Holding Tool
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jed Sheehan
See User information
Does anyone know of a source for a J-6065 tool? Is anyone reproducing them? Is there a need for them? I've seen Craig's solution using a chain and this method looks like it would work well so maybe there's not a need for them.

I've also seen the bluprints in another section of this forum and it seems as if fabricating new tools would not be very difficult nor very expensive.

If there were a source of new tools would there be any interest in them? Say, if one of the PAC regions took this on as a project would there be a demand for it? Anyone have any thoughts?

Posted on: 2010/3/20 17:56
Jed
 Top  Print   

Re: J-6065 Load Arm Holding Tool
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There was a run of a dozen or two made 2-3 years ago but if memory serves it took a while to get a minimum commitment with some members buying two to enable it. Believe the person making the original repro was not planning another. Not sure how much demand there would be now for another run but guess it wouldn't hurt to ask if you were willing to do it. Of course, price is the deciding factor as to how many step up.

Posted on: 2010/3/20 18:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i'd buy them....

Posted on: 2010/3/20 18:52
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A gentleman named Bob Berg was the source for these for 20 or more years, and I believe he was also the maker of the last run which HH commented on just previously. But I seem to recall that he was reluctant to make that run and pretty much said that after that bunch, that "was it". Perhaps a new vendor is required though I'd wonder with the numbers that have been made, how much of a market is left? A first step might be to contact Mr. Berg and see if would be willing to part with his drawings/patterns or whatever, assuming he is no longer interested.

Posted on: 2010/3/20 19:06
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jed Sheehan
See User information
Any idea how to contact Bob berg? Do you remember how much he was selling them for?

Posted on: 2010/3/20 19:46
Jed
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My recollection was that Bob Berg lived in Oregon; checking the current Packard Club directory the only Bob Berg I find is located in Colorado, could be the same man, maybe not. If you want to take pot luck and make contact you could PM me and I'll give you the phone #.

As to cost, someone who bought one from the last run can provide more current info, I bought mine many years ago and I recall it was about $65.00.

Posted on: 2010/3/20 19:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
I bought mine about ten years ago from Bob & it is quite the tool. Further, as I recall he was in Colorado when I made the purchase.

Posted on: 2010/3/20 20:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is the forum and commentary when they were last reproduced.

http://forums.aaca.org/f134/order-j6065-tool-212276.html

Posted on: 2010/3/20 20:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
see post #10 of the following lionk:

http://forums.aaca.org/f134/order-j6065-tool-212276.html

Maybe Kip56 has a few spares to sell.

Posted on: 2010/3/20 21:44
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
I've seen Craig's solution using a chain and this method looks like it would work well so maybe there's not a need for them.

I have both, i.e., my chain solution and Bob Berg's repop of the original J tool.

Both work equally well IMO, the former being cheaper. Take your pick.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/3/20 21:46
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved