Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
163 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 158

wjames, CarFreak, Marvin, jgrohn, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard Factory Plant Wood
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I just wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know about my experience with purchasing some of the Packard Plant wood.

It has been a very pleasureable experience thus far. Paul, project manager, is VERY easy to work with and is very good with his communication!! always responds to emails.

They have lots and lots of wood, and many different services that can be performed to the wood. they also have some unique atrifacts that will be comming up for sale soon. I wont say what they are just yet, but you can contact Paul about those.

I plan on purchasing 2 doors, some crown molding, and hopefully some of the unique pieces.

i am not affiliated with this group, i just wanted to post my experience so far and some pictures of the wood they have stocked just to spark some interest so most of the wood will go to Packard folks who will treat it with the respect it deserves.

the website for the wood is www.authenticpackard.com

please help these guys out, part of the proceeds go to the proving grounds. lets all band together with PACKARD POWER!!

later guys/gals,

Hank

Attach file:

jpg  (81.53 KB)
491_4c066d9ac71e6.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (74.69 KB)
491_4c066dad004f9.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (100.85 KB)
491_4c066db518751.jpg 960X1280 px

jpg  (144.57 KB)
491_4c066e1226c92.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (111.43 KB)
491_4c066e24e750b.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (122.32 KB)
491_4c066e36934ef.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (132.09 KB)
491_4c066e5ce7ef3.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (126.31 KB)
491_4c066e6bdfc4c.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/6/2 9:45
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Factory Plant Wood
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Packard heritage aside, it's nice to see all that being recycled and re-used... the Packard connection is icing on the cake!

Posted on: 2010/6/3 8:17
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Wonder if there's any way to ID what offices the wood is from (e.g. Jim Nance's)?

Well, maybe not THAT one....some people might buy some of the wood just to set it on fire!....

Posted on: 2010/6/3 15:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i did ask Paul if any of the wood was marked for what offices they came from. ie. the doors etc....i haven't heard back yet. he is going to get me more pics to post for you folks.

Posted on: 2010/6/3 16:33
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Henry, thanks for posting this information about the Packard wood. I bought four 1"x8"x3' T&G wall panels, one for me and each of my three brothers. I too found Paul to be exceptionally nice to deal with. He also is providing certificates of authenticity in the names of each of us. I plan on using my piece to make a Packard desk lamp. The finished side shows its 100 years of use and abuse, but the unfinished side is in remarkably good condition. You can get the wood sawed and planed so none of the old finish shows, or get is in its salvaged state. I expect the wood to go fast once word gets out. It benefits the Proving Grounds, a most worthy cause.

How goes the '55? We haven't heard much from you on it lately.

My '55 Clipper Super 4 Door is finished with being converted to a manual shift 3-speed transmission and some other work, and is scheduled to be transported to Austin in the next couple of weeks. I'll share more when it arrives.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/6/4 9:02
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I am curious what kind of prices are we looking at for some of the items?

Posted on: 2010/6/4 9:50
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I am getting 2 doors in the original condition, what treat!! ;0) and some crown molding for my foyer. my wife is super excited about it. and maybe some other items.

the 55 is still there and good. i just had my trans go out in my truck, so i had to focus on that and that cost me a chunk of dough. and then the trans went out it my wife's truck the next day....but it was under warranty, thank God! My wife also had minor surgery and i had to take care of her and the kiddo. i have been busy with life, but i have hopes to start on the 55 again very soon. watching Kev's blog makes me jealous! so i gotta get out there and get something done. almost time to start pulling the motor parts back outa the shed soon!

i asked Paul to register here on the website so that he can facilitate questions better than me relaying them. i don't mind helping him out, i just thought it would be a better way to service the Packard folks quicker and give him less email to contend with. Kev....maybe you two can work something out on the website.....not sure what can be done though.

if he doesn't get a chance to register or doesn't think it will work out for him, i will be glad to be the go between. just let me know what you guys want to know and i will relay it best i can.

he also sent me some pics of James Packard that i don't think the site has seen. i asked him if i can add them to the archive. we will see. one of them is him as a kid.

later dudes,

Hank

Posted on: 2010/6/4 10:18
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Kev, I am not at home, we are on the Third Coast getting in some beach time, but I think I paid about $35 per board plus shipping.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/6/4 11:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
JW.....beach time.....i hate you right now. LOL!!

Posted on: 2010/6/4 11:39
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Packardwood
See User information
Hello, My name is Paul. I am a new member here, and manager of the Packard Factory Wood Project. In small quantities the 1x8x approx 3' old growth oak plank is $21.87 plus shipping. For large construction projects..... let's talk. We are working now on a catalog of other items from the factory for sale. Today is the third day of the biggest fire the factory has endured. A large section just behind where the wood was salvaged has collapsed. Paul

Posted on: 2010/6/14 14:17
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved