Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 232

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

In Search of Atlantic Blue
Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Anyone out there have a photo of a 1947 Clipper in Atlantic Blue (code D--it seems as though it was used in 1947 only)? It's my Clipper's original color (presently buried under "Earl Scheib Blue" and rust) and, while I have an original color chart here at home, I just can't picture what it'd look like on the car.

Thanks in advance...

Posted on: 2010/12/29 18:29
 Top  Print   

Re: In Search of Atlantic Blue
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Until a real one comes along there are a couple in the photo gallery that looks like possibilities.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=1440&cid=48

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=225&cid=48

Posted on: 2010/12/29 18:58
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
My 47 was painted Atlantic Blue. It was painted twice overtop of the original but I didn't paint the firewall when I repainted the car and it remains original. Attached is an admittedly lousy photo of the firewall but below the green you can see the blue along the lower part of the cowl. It is a very pale blue almost a grey. I did have a photo of a car in the clolour but can't locate it at the moment. I will try and find it. In a way I wish I had painted my Clipper the original colour as it is very nice.

Attach file:

jpg  (123.81 KB)
13_4d1bd140e9e82.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/12/29 19:12

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Interesting. I was thinking Atlantic Blue was much darker. My paint chip looks like it's just a few shades lighter than the Coral Blue Metallic. That's why I thought those in the gallery might be Atlantic. If those are not Atlantic, wonder what they are. Chip only shows 2 blues for 47 and Coral is very dark -- along the lines of Packard or Navy blue.

Posted on: 2010/12/29 19:49
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Dave- That's pretty close to what my color chip would indicate although my example of the chip does seem a bit more green. Then again, the sheet has yellowed from time and I doubt the color chip can be considered accurate after sixty years. It sure would be great to see the whole car if you can find that missing photo.

I'm thinking that I'd like to stay true to the original specs with this project, but I do admit having a weak spot for Cavalier Maroon. Either way, I'm a long way from paint but on a cold December night a little day dreaming is a fine way to pass away the time!

HH56- Thanks for the links but, as you noted in a later post, those cars sport a blue that is darker than what I would expect of Atlantic Blue. Interestingly, they're also a lighter blue than I would have imagined Coral Blue to be if they are indeed painted Coral Blue.

Posted on: 2010/12/29 23:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Is this the color you are looking for? In real life it it most attractive. It is blue, and nothing else.

(o{I}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (47.61 KB)
565_4d1c08b56365e.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/12/29 23:21
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
JW- Attractive, yes; Atlantic Blue, no. I think that is Coral Blue which was the darker blue offered in '47. From what I can tell, Atlantic Blue is a lighter blue that has a hint of green or gray in it.

Posted on: 2010/12/30 0:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved