Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
88 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

48 49 50 Trunk Lamp Wiring
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Johnny
See User information
Does anybody have a photo of the routing of the Trunk Lamp? The wire is missing out of mine. I also need to know the exact length of the wire if possible, from the Rear Connector to the Lamp. Thank you. Johnny

Posted on: 2011/1/31 16:47
Thank you! Johnny
 Top  Print   

Re: 48 49 50 Trunk Lamp Wiring
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Not sure if it is the same as the 51-54 ones, but if it is, they cover the installation and wire routing in the Service Manual under the accessories section.

Also I am sure one of the the guys can take a picture for you.

Posted on: 2011/1/31 17:47
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
Johnny,

I might be late on this, but I bought the NOS accessory trunk lamp, just haven't installed it yet. I can measure the wire length for you on Monday or Tuesday on my next visit to the garage if you still need it.

Posted on: 2011/4/10 5:42
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
I measured my Packard Trunk Light Assembly, which is the lamp base and wire all-in-one. The length is 10 feet.

Posted on: 2011/4/13 0:04
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Johnny
See User information
10 feet. Wow. A little longer than I thought. Thank you for this. I have my new Wire Harness just about complete, less everything in the trunk. This will help.

Posted on: 2011/4/14 11:27
Thank you! Johnny
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Suspect length needed will be less on your car. The routing is similar and both plug into the tail light/license light circuit connector near L tail light but trunk depth and lid size is smaller on your car vs the later ones. I measure around 7' on a 47 Custom but not sure the lamp or connector location is the same on yours. Maybe that is something you could leave long and add a connector somewhere so you could cut to length when installed.

Posted on: 2011/4/14 11:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Johnny
See User information
SO I finally got around to figuring the wire length. It is 96", but I am not 100% sure of the routing. I chose the best path to where the wire was not in the way of anything and nothing could harm it (hinges, etc. Thanks again for your help on this.

Posted on: 2011/4/15 23:47
Thank you! Johnny
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
On the 47, connector is by L tail light, wire follows under left edge of trunk opening held on by a couple of clips then at top near hinge makes a loop over to hinge, again a couple of different clips holding it to hinge edge and then thru inner lid panel to light.

Posted on: 2011/4/16 8:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Johnny
See User information
I must think like a Packard guy because that is exactly how I figured it to be. HAHA Thank you so much for your help.

Posted on: 2011/4/17 19:51
Thank you! Johnny
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved