Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 204

Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Hershey 2011
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I drove down with 3 other Packard owners to Hershey yesterday; its about a 3 hour drive each way and we spent about 6 hours on the field and plan to go back again tomorrow. Even 12 hours is barely enough to do justice to perhaps 35% of the flea market; though most of the major Packard vendors are located in close proximity Packard parts can be found most anywhere. Having a reasonably full parts bin for both cars I primarily went just to renew some old friendships, etc. and look at the cars in the Corral and some of the cars exhibited by the several restorers or sales agents.

I did however pick up a few items. I noticed that the Mauck's were no longer d/b/a PI but were still sharing a tent with Jerry Vinarcik (Yesterday's Radio) and from Mauck's I purchased a bronze reproduction of the little pot metal idler bevel gear at the base of the steering column that translates the throttle lever motion. Though mine is still OK, pot metal doesn't last forever and there are times to buy an item even if you don't have an immediate need. Also one of the brass skins on a hubcap on the 34 Eight is beginning to crack; Bill Hirsch had one at a very good price reduction because a bit of the paint had peeled so I bought that I redid the paint today. Also I've wanted a simple scissor jack for the Carib and picked one up for $12. All in all, a great day.

Hershey is an event beyond easy description; yesterday I heard voices from all over the globe. If it's within reach and you've never been, by all means make plans for next year if possible.

Attach file:

jpg  (43.86 KB)
177_4e8dcada28a7b.jpg 1280X1043 px

Posted on: 2011/10/6 10:37
 Top  Print   

Re: Hershey 2011
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Fred and Carol Mauck are involved in the club as members, just not as officers anymore (they retired from their club roles). I think Carol was the club secretary from like 20+ years or something. I think they just wanted to enjoy their golden years and Packards without the responsibility of the club affairs.

Fred still owns/operates a garage here in So Calif. They are both very nice and helpful folks.

Did Fred drive this year to Hershey? I know they do enjoy those extended driving trips.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 12:17
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
That event is on my 'bucket list'! I need to get east of the Mississippi at some time.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 12:17
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
On my list as well..... Someday.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 12:19
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
I haven't been since something like 1986. 25 years
That's when I was single, no house, no kids, no dog. Need to carve out sometime for myself and just do it. As Cub fans like to say "maybe next year".

As for bucket list, mine is Pebble Beach

Posted on: 2011/10/6 13:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Ahh... Pebble. Been there - it's an unbelieveable experience. Major problem for many of us who prefer drivers over show cars is, after attending Pebble, we go home and open the garage door and look at our own car and may have to shrug off a little depression. However, once we get behind the wheel and hit the road, it's all forgotten.

Kev - I don't know if Fred & Carol drove this year, but with the load of merchandise they had for sale it seems probable. I did chat for a moment with them about their parts sales being no longer associated with PI, but that was about it. Lovely folks.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 17:38
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well the upcoming Laughlin meet will not be a Pebble Beach or Hershey in any sense of the word, but hopefully it will be an nice grassroots casual meet where people can kick tires and swap stories and steadly grow from there in the future. Every Pearl starts out as a grain of sand, so just happy to be there at the beginning.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 17:49
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I saw Fred and Carol at Warren last year. They got the trophy for driving the furthest and much applause when Fred walked up to receive it. They do enjoy driving their Packards.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 18:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
This is one of those few years I don't make Hershey, I am going through withdrawl. Maybe next year, job market willing.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 20:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
The car coral alone beats any car show you can go to.If I went for the full 4 days I doubt I would see everything. I heard every language under the sun. I guess the U.S. is like Europe after the World wars-a great place to pick up bargains.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 19:16
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved