Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
179 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 179

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

52 Mayfair rear quarter panel chrome
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I've seen some 52 Mayfairs with the chrome trim up on top of rear quarter panels and some without. Was that an option or have people just added them over the years?

Posted on: 2012/5/6 15:03
 Top  Print   

Re: 52 Mayfair rear quarter panel chrome
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe it was an accessory.

Attach file:

jpg  (29.96 KB)
209_4fa6db4c03705.jpg 729X265 px

Posted on: 2012/5/6 15:13
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Mayfairs weren't the only ones with that option. My '51 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan has them as well.

Attach file:

jpg  (88.98 KB)
3087_4fa6e0545a919.jpg 1280X958 px

Posted on: 2012/5/6 15:34
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Your '51 also has 52 and later porta-vents. Must have been added at a later date.

Posted on: 2012/5/6 22:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
True, Randy. I think that the vents were added when the car was taken in trade in '55. I think I saw the chrome "fins" in the '51 accessory brochure. My research shows that it then went to a relative of a Southern Oregon Packard dealer (Ashcraft) who drove it until her death in 1984 or 5. My guess is that they dressed the old girl up a little (the car that is - whether they dressed up the relative too, I have no way of knowing).
I recently added Automatic Transmission Fluid through the access in the center of the transmission hump. I was mildly surprised to find no trace of the rubber mat which I believe was standard in the 200 Deluxe and that the carpeting showed evidence of being there for an awfully long time. I read that a "deluxe" interior was an option in the 1940 120. I'm wondering was carpeting instead of the rubber mat an option? Of course, it could have been switched when the vents were added too.
The carpet has a vinyl pad under the driver's feet as usual, but there is an identical pad under the far passenger side as well. The jute padding looks ancient and doesn't much care for being touched. All in all everything has held up pretty well.

Posted on: 2012/5/6 23:31
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved