Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

In Frame Valve Job
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
This is something that I'll do once I retire but for now I'm curious as to what others have done when they discovered after they took everything apart that the valve seats needed a bit more attention than just lapping. It wasn't a problem in the past when I had my old Sioux valve and seat grinding equipment but I sold that long ago. I don't mind taking the valves to the machine shop to have them ground but certainly not looking forward to loading the car on a trailer after it's already torn down and taking it somewhere for the seat grinding. Anyone had any experience with this situation?

Posted on: 2012/6/13 10:56
 Top  Print   

Re: In Frame Valve Job
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've done more valve jobs on in-line Packard engines in the car than I'd care to count. If the seats need more than simple lapping, you don't have much choice other than to borrow or rent a valve seat grinding tool set and do a correct job. Looks like you sold your Sioux a little too soon. If you were local to me you could borrow mine, but ask members of your local PAC region, I'd bet someone has one or knows where to borrow or rent one.

Posted on: 2012/6/13 11:12
 Top  Print   

Re: In Frame Valve Job
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
I shouldn't have sold it at all Owen and certainly couldn't replace it now for what I let it go for back then. I'll figure something out when the time comes.

Posted on: 2012/6/13 13:23
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved