Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
68 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 67

Ken_P, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Richard M. Langworth
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I have a book (found while moving) by Richard M. Langworth named "Illustrated Packard Buyer's Guide. It covers years 1899-1958 so basically everything and it's great but the copyright is 1992--is there another one like this that is up to date?

Posted on: 2012/7/1 10:01
 Top  Print   

Re: Richard M. Langworth
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
I like that book. I've broken the spine on mine from use.

Posted on: 2012/7/1 12:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bobby
See User information
I'm not sure what 'Update' you're looking for, what additional info? I think the copy you have is fairly complete, I can't imagine what add'l info there would be to update...

Posted on: 2012/7/1 12:39
1954 black Patrician, unrestored, mostly original, minty!!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I digress off topic (again!). I'm hoping some of you have had the pleasure or will have it in the future of meeting Dick Langworth. Recently he's been on at least two of PAC's Henry Joy tours with his lovely 1936 "120" convertible coupe. He's published frequently on automotive scene (e.g. his books of Kaiser-Fraser, mid-50s Chevrolet) but is probably best known for his contribution of several chapter to the Kimes-edited Packard book and for his very long service as editor and publisher of PAC's quarterly publication, earning may accolades along the way. His interests of late have taken a different turn.

A very interesting gentleman to spend time with, quite a historian and a man that has a way with words that few can hope to match.

Attach file:

jpg  (53.70 KB)
177_4ff09bb493875.jpg 1280X705 px

Posted on: 2012/7/1 13:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I'm not sure what 'Update' you're looking for, what additional info? I think the copy you have is fairly complete, I can't imagine what add'l info there would be to update...

Bobby, I mean the values he's got in the book--they are 20 years old and obviously different..

Posted on: 2012/7/1 13:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I agree with O_D. One of the highlights of my Packard experience was meeting Mr. Langworth in person. I have enjoyed his writing for many years and his stewardship of the PAC Quarterly magazine was outstanding. He puts words together the way a Swiss watchmaker would assemble a fine timepiece.

Posted on: 2012/7/1 15:13
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved