Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Jim Hollingsworth
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I just received my June-July issue of the 'Road Map', the newsletter of the North Texas Region of the CCCA. In the issue was some sad news about Jim Hollingsworth.

From Haden Vandiver (via a Packard Club e-mail):

"Jim Hollingsworth's health is failing and he has relocated to Edna, TX and is now living with his brother Bill. Jim is about 82. His new address and phone is 312 Sunset Dr. - Edna, TX 77957, (361) 782-2115. He is not able to talk on the phone very long. He suffers from a lung disorder and is on oxygen. A "thinking of you" card would, I am sure, be much appreciated. His niece might be a good contact for health updates: Sarah Kahanek (361_ 550-7486 (cell)."

Jim is a long-time and avid Packard enthusiast, owning and restoring many Packards. He wrote the book on the 1940 models: "1940 a Pivotal Year". It is a must have on the bookshelf of anyone interested in Packards, regardless if a 1940 owner. I have been fortunate in meeting and visiting with Jim at the Salado meets, and we have managed to share more than one breakfast. He is a true gentleman.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/7/21 17:13
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Jim Hollingsworth
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Very sad news indeed. Jim's been a major force in the hobby and in the Packard world in particular. I'll be sure to send off a card and thanks for passing along the news.

Posted on: 2012/7/21 17:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I am very sad about this. He is one of the last connections I have that remembers the good old days with my grandfather. I have had the pleasure of knowing him since I was a little boy. God bless him and I hope he is comfortable where he is. Wonderful and a gentleman through and through!

Hank

Posted on: 2012/7/21 18:13
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Yes, it was sad to hear this. He has been a help to me in the past, and would love to talk Packards!

Posted on: 2012/7/21 18:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
John, Sad news indeed. As long as I have been interested in Packards I have been familiar with his name as he is so much a part of the Packard community. You are fortunate to have been personally associated with this very knowledgeable man who has contributed so much.

Posted on: 2012/7/21 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Just saw this old post about Jim Hollingsworth being in poor health.
I had the pleasure of meeting him in Des Moines in 2008 and again in Branson MO in 2009. He was so kind and friendly in welcoming me into PAC. And very encouraging about my 1941 Clipper. In Branson I had the privilege of being on a Judging Team that examined Jim's black 41 Clipper.

When I complained about the steering on my 41, he handed me his keys and said, "Here, drive mine and see how good a Clipper can drive. WOW! It took me (with help from my brother, Ray) to get my 41 Clipper to drive that nice. Here is a string of photos from Branson of our two 41 Clippers side-by-side with details of Jim's upholstery work.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=5523

A real Packard Gentleman, and a "Man Who Owns more than One,"

Here is a great 2008 Hemmings article on Jim:

http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2008/06/01/hmn_feature19.html#PhotoSwipe1351311297643

Enjoy,
Dan Leininger

Posted on: 2012/10/26 23:03
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Posted on: 2012/10/26 23:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Sad news. Knew him since I was a little boy.

Posted on: 2012/10/27 16:24
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Sad news. Knew him since I was a little boy.

Posted on: 2012/10/27 16:24
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Here are some photos of Jim Hollingsworth and two of his Packards that I took at the 2010 CCCA Grand Classic in Waxahachie, Texas.

The 1940 One-Sixty Club Sedan is air conditioned. He took this car to the Packard Centennial in Warren in 1999.

The Rollson One-Eighty was built by Jim as a replica to honor the original. Typical of Jim, he took much time explaining to me how he built the Rollson One-Eighty. They were both stunning Packards.

The photo with Jim shows him hamming it up with his chauffer's cap. He was having a good time.

I thought it would be nice to share these photos with you.

(o[]o)

Attach file:

jpg  (40.82 KB)
565_508ea15be5eda.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (50.33 KB)
565_508ea174a57c8.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (37.04 KB)
565_508ea18465b1b.jpg 480X640 px

Posted on: 2012/10/29 10:36
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved