Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 161

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: engine temperature in 327 straight 8
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Oversized cores helped my engine. But check the timing and the exhaust manifold valve first. They are often the culprit.

I shipped the water distribution tube to you this afternoon.

Joe - try this website for manuals on your 49.

http://www.packardclub.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=69&zenid=8e6cc5ec8cfff3403ec9ab32d5947301

The Packard Club has lots of goodies, and a yellow pages for vendors and repair places. They also have a Q&A site.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 14:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Joe -

I don't think you'll find replacement of the water distribution tube covered in the shop manual for your car - or any previous series. Yet, the need for its inspection was duly noted in this site's Service Index - SC Vol. 18, No. 3.

The link provided by David Grubbs in post #4 of this thread is a good starting point. It even includes an snapshot of a page from the Radiator and Cooling section of the 51-54 shop manual, regarding removal. That page goes on to cover installation of the tube, and you can download that shop manual section from this site's Literature and Manuals archive for FREE.

Unless you need/want a full printed reference, you might not need to spend one nickel on manuals. However, except when you only need a page or two, I think you'll find that printing your own manual from the PDF files is cost prohibitive.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 16:05
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Read them on the computer, and print out what you need. Also better to get print outs with grease on them rather than good manual pages. Leave the manual inside the house, take the print outs to the garage.

Posted on: 2013/8/7 16:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Kev is right on that issue - I like to keep the original shop manual in the house for reading and research, but it doesn't go to the garage. That's where the greasy fingerprints hide, waiting on their next victim!

Posted on: 2013/8/7 18:24
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Joe D'Agostino
See User information
That is a great point! The shop manual gets placed on the Living Room coffee table next to the Holy Bible, while the print outs get used in the garage!

Posted on: 2013/8/7 20:17
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved