Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
410 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 410

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1933 (?) Packard Super 8 BARNFIND!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear Wau:

If you want it as a very limited use vehicle, which it will be without chrome and a paint job, you can get along without a lot of parts. If the radiator has anti-freeze in it then the cooling system will be good.

Those old mechanical brake Packards can get going and be used for the occasional parade and parking lot meet without a second mortgage. But if you want to drive it all over tarnation then you better sign a post-nuptial. My rule of thumb was always that cars that cost about twice the price of the average American home when new are an expensive proposition.

For example, most people here have seen the 33 Cadillac V-16 Fleetwood Convertible Sedan that was owned by Harrah's and has changed hands for all sorts of crazy numbers. I remember when that car was original. It looked a lot like that Packard and the guy who owned it took it to meets within 10 miles of his house once or twice a year. It didn't cost him a dime. The original color was green - the color of money.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 9:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
Well if im lucky enough to make an acceptable offer to the owner and get this car I would certainly like the mechanics fixed to the point where I could drive the car over 100mi with no trouble; after all its the perfect car to take to a car show-you can litterally take ALL you friends with you.

Posted on: 2013/10/20 23:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
Looks to me like a good candidate for Preservation Class. By maintaining it in its current original condition would be cost-effective also.

Posted on: 2013/10/21 10:14
Don Skotty
1938 Super 8 1604 1116 Club Sedan
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It would be nice to see what it looks like after a wash and some better photos. Any chance for the theft-proof, VN, and motor numbers?

Posted on: 2013/10/21 11:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
That would be my intention

Posted on: 2013/10/21 20:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
Well It might be awhile before I can get there-Its almost the end of October-Thanksgiving and Christmas loom ahead but trust me I want so much to see this car in person so stay tuned.

Posted on: 2013/10/21 21:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
By the way not even ask me WHERE it is because IM NOT TELLING!

Posted on: 2013/10/21 21:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved