Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
308 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 303

68amxgopac, Joe, Paul E. Gallagher, Tristar500, Zach Dillinger, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Door alignment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Thanks for the info on welting, Marston. I assume the welting goes above the splash aprons and under the wood frame. Incidentally, does a person have to remove the body bolts to take off the splash aprons?

The resistance on one is definitely a hinge binding problem, can see the lower hinge pull forward when closing that last inch or so. On the others, it may well just be the dovetail bumpers.

David, thank you, I believe I have the adjustment steps in order now.

Posted on: 2018/3/29 13:31
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Door alignment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I cut a slot in the welt so I could slip it in while the bolt was in place. I placed a piece of 30 lb (or so) felt paper between the frame and the splash aprons (heavy plastic would probably be OK too). I put the welt between the splash apron and the wood sill (not sure if that is correct but that's what I didI ordered may welt and steel pieces from a Macs (price).

Your hinge problem may just be due to rust. Suggest yu try to remove the pin and clean it up. Also before your try to align the doors you need to ensure that the hinges are tight and they are securely mounted to both frame and door.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Posted on: 2018/3/30 2:36
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved