Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
22 user(s) are online (14 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 22

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Parking
Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
How many times have this happened to you.

Fing people.

I park way out where no one was. But no some ass has to park next to me. And it was a bitch cause I couldn't see pulling out.

Attach file:

jpg  (534.65 KB)
4498_5fdc23fb5bcc0.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/12/17 22:38
Riki
 Top  Print 

Re: Parking
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
Riki, I would probably be guilty myself, if I saw a Packard in a parking lot I expect I'd be drawn to that area for a closer look.

Posted on: 2020/12/18 6:42
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ken Hill
See User information
This happens to me quite often. I usually just pull out slow. Most other cars will stop when they see me leaving - the benefit of driving an eye-candy car!

Posted on: 2021/1/3 17:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
My theory is its the herding instinct! Recently I parked my modern car far away to make sure it was not damaged because I haven't got the rub strips on it yet. So this guy parked right next to me. I could barely get my door open. It was a great big white 4-door truck! I'm thinking they are car guys like us and they want to park near another car guy. So I'm guessing we should embrace the company of people like us even when it is inconvenient.

Posted on: 2021/1/5 8:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
I am not sure what inspires people to grab a spot right next to your collector car when there is an empty lot. Makes less sense when they opt to park so close to your driver's door that you have to access the car from the passenger side.
Not all such people have benign intentions. A friend tells a story that back in the days when shopping centers were usually empty on .Sundays due to a blue Laws, he and a friend pulled into a head in slot in front of a package store to pick up a six pack.
The owner of the new Corvette was sitting in the car when his friend went into the store. While he was waiting, a guy pulled in close to the passenger door and swung the door open hard enough to jolt the owner awake. The guy closed the VW door and then slammed it harder into the side of the .Vette .
The owner exited the car and went around the back of the car and could see two gouges in the paint and fiberglass. There was not another car on that side of the vehicle for at least 100 yards.
The owner was angry but just asked why the guy had to park there ..land why he needed to do the door slam twice.
The VW driver responded by snorting " Why don't you take your plastic car and go home?"
Neither the VW driver nor the owner noticed that the Vette owner's friend had exited the package store just when the VW driver made his comment.
The passenger was a huge guy...and a car lover.
The next few seconds were a blur. The passenger grabbed the .VW owner by the head and lifted him through the partially opened window. The driver's door glass broke but that was followed with a series of punches that left the VW driver unconscious or at least not talking....and dripping blood down the door from his nose and mouth.
The passenger picked up the beer and got into the car. His only comment was that he better not open any of the beer that he had dropped since it might get on the interior.
The owner was not sure whether they should call the police or an ambulance but opted to just leave....quicckly.
He always laughed that he probably would not have hit the guy despite the damage done to his car....but he never lost any sleep over it.

Car lovers do not like people messing with nice cars. You can never predict the reaction.

Posted on: 2021/1/6 2:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

RIki Henneberg wrote:
How many times have this happened to you.

Fing people.

I park way out where no one was. But no some ass has to park next to me. And it was a bitch cause I couldn't see pulling out.

Sorta off the subject, but looking at your picture, I'm struck at how the Packard looks considerably smaller than the truck or the van on the other side of it! Maybe it's just the perspective of the picture?

Posted on: 2021/1/15 10:34
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
My rear is in the bushes. The wheel base does look about the same.

Posted on: 2021/1/15 10:54
Riki
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Left alone...

Front wheel covers are off cause going to have to put on new tires.

Attach file:

jpg  20210217_161427_HDR.jpg (405.92 KB)
4498_602de0ac5f585.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/2/17 22:36
Riki
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved