Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 22 »

Re: Website
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks Chris, much appreciated!

There is an issue with the new version of the forum software where is doesn't allow multiple files to be attached at the same time. I'm looking into it. But a work around is to edit the post afterwards and then attach another. Then repeat as needed.

Posted on: 2021/1/18 21:59
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
After digging through much code, I found numerous issues in the Forum module that I have fixed.

1) Multiple Files are now allowed to be attached when adding a new or replying to a post.

2) The correct name of the file will now be displayed vs the internal file ID. This will on new files added going forward, as the problem was in the code that was saving the info to the DB.

Posted on: 2021/1/19 16:45
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I was able to reset everyone's "Display Name" back to what it was before. If you made any change to it on the "New Site" vs what it was on the "Old Site" then, you will need to make any adjustment. Or if you want to make and changes just edit your account and change the Display Name to whatever you wish to use.

Posted on: 2021/1/20 10:59
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dealership List is back online.

Posted on: 2021/1/20 17:47
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I wrote a script that checks to see if any users are missing an Avatar and then checks to see if that user has a Registry entry with a picture. If so it will create an Avatar for you with that picture on file in your Registry entry. If it created one for you, and you don't like it, please feel free to update your Avatar to whatever you want. This should have only updated your avatar if yours was currently missing. This was a one-time deal, so won't happen automatically in the future.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2021/1/21 12:37
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Thanks for all the hard work BigKev. Looking really good so far. A couple of items I've noticed, if you don't mind my input. First, the displayed usernames for each post are shown in dark grey, which makes it really hard to read the name. I think they used to be white. Second, I've noticed that clicking on the "last post" icon on the forums takes you to the top of the last page, but not to the last post.

Again, the website is looking good and I'm impressed that you got it back up so quickly.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/1/21 14:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Good job as to expected from Packardinfo thanks to our leader. We computer dummies are lucky to have you and your computer skills leading those of us with limited computer skills.

Posted on: 2021/1/21 15:24
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
What a great way to populate the Avatars! Of course, it happened to show only my parts car so I removed mine but when I tried to add a proper one, it gave an error that the image was too large. Is it possible at some point when the move is all settled down to add auto-resizing to the Avatar upload form? Otherwise I'll do without for now.

Posted on: 2021/1/21 15:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
One thing I noticed which is a very minor issue that probably had some custom coding to make it work as it did is the Random Photo on the lower right side of the pages. It used to "stick" for a day but now it changes with each page load so I often miss being able to view any interesting ones!

Posted on: 2021/1/21 15:35
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The last post icon thing should be fixed now. Thanks!

Posted on: 2021/1/21 15:35
-BigKev

Top  Print 

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved