Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: New to Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Yeah,that's a charger. I needed it to listen to it run one more time before I made up my mind. The car is out of gas. I used a small water bottle on the fuel hose. I'll probably need to flush the tank. Quote:

carlmadsen wrote:
Looks like you have a battery charger hooked up; do you know the quality of the gasoline? It's easy to siphon out the old and put in new.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 17:08
 Top  Print   

Re: New to Packard's
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Chuck Ltd: Welcome to the forum and that sure looks like a nice Packard your are buying.

There are a few members in the forum that live here in Penna. What part of the state do you live in? I live in Central Penna. about 15 miles west of Williamsport in the town of Jersey Shore.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/4/22 18:58
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Hey PA guys -

I found a hood I want in Belleville PA (17004) but I can't find a good shipping route, and it would cost me over $250 in gas to drive the round trip, not including hotel rooms (1200 miles).

Is anyone in contact with a long-haul person who drives to/through Minneapolis? I have a request for bids online at www.uship.com, and the seller is checking the Carlisle, PA car show for Minnesota license plates to see if anyone is interested in carrying back the hood.

-Carl Madsen
Minneapolis, MN

Posted on: 2009/4/22 20:16
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jay Faubion
See User information
I have a 2262 myself. Mine is a '49, but it's just the same as yours.

Check my project website to see some of the fun I've had with mine.

Jay

Posted on: 2009/4/22 20:53
Jay Faubion
Ask me, I've got one!
Visit JaysPackard.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Quote:

There are a few members in the forum that live here in Penna. What part of the state do you live in? I live in Central Penna. about 15 miles west of Williamsport in the town of Jersey Shore.

John F. Shireman

Thanks. I'm in the northeast, between Scranton and Wilkes-barre. I was almost headed out that way for a 47 Buick but I didn't win it...

I don't know a lot about this car but that's changing by the day. Never saw too many of these around except a black one rotting in someone's yard when I was a kid. In fact, even that house was abandoned. I also liked Buicks of the same and earlier era. I was getting a coffee in the morning when I noticed a high roof and split windshield peeking out over a dumpster. Took a walk over and to my surprise, it was the same as the car I used see. Did some "homework" on here and in books; hopefully I can give it a good home.
From what I've read, these were built real well and if anything over-engineered. only time will tell.

BTW: I've been looking up parts for the future and I think my Edsel was a breeze compared to this adventure. I'm still confident.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 22:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Welcome to PackardInfo!

Your new purchase looks nice. I have a pair of Packard script backup lamps for 48 - 50 that I will not be using. Let me know if they will help you (I noticed a single back up lamp with busted glass)

Your 59 ranger sounds like fun! I have a 60 Ranger Convertible.

Best of luck with your car,
Jim

Posted on: 2009/4/22 22:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Quote:

39super8 wrote:
Welcome to PackardInfo!

Your new purchase looks nice. I have a pair of Packard script backup lamps for 48 - 50 that I will not be using. Let me know if they will help you (I noticed a single back up lamp with busted glass)

Thanks. I think mine is only supposed to have one, but I could definitey use one! Feel free to PM me on this.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 23:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
for including your '48 in the Owner Registry and again, welcome aboard.

Posted on: 2009/4/23 1:40
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
There are several major suppliers of Packard parts. Most everything you need can be found through them. However, there are many of us who have, over the years, stored away many of our own. I have most of three 22nd series cars stored in my shop. If you need something you can't find, let me know. I'll be glad to try to help.

Posted on: 2009/4/23 20:50
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved