Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 80

Guscha, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 150 151 152 (153)

Re: Stewart's 1955 Packard 400
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Bummer! I was hoping you had found the right type paint and would share. All paints that I have tried have the same issue -- dull when viewed thru the plastic. I have tried different brand spray paints and plastic model brush on stuff but all had the same results. I know there must be something that works because there have been photos of "restored" emblems where the red, silver and gold do seem to shine thru. On one of the other make car forums someone said a special acrylic paint would work but then no details were given as to a brand, what was special about it or what prep was needed etc.

Sure would be nice to know what EmblemMagic does. IIRC, someone on the forum said they had quit operation but their website is still active so I don't know the situation. Their about us section says he made his first plastic emblem for a Chrysler trunk in 89 so there must be some kind of process that is available.

Posted on: Yesterday 18:39
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
For over a year I toyed with the idea of making new acrylic emblems. YouTube is full of videos of folks making their molds and producing new parts like tail light lenses.

I eventually talked myself out of it when I purchased the two I painted.

Someone with some "know-how" might have been able to use that thin gold and silver leaf.
I have never used it and would have made a huge mess.

Posted on: Yesterday 18:51
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, Emblem Magic is defunct but after she got the business, she was never able to get access to the Website so it has remained static other than a few tweaks that the previous owner did to point some, but not all, of the contact links to her.

Posted on: Yesterday 22:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Resnick. ?

Was doing epoxy..

Did my dad's hood emblem.

Posted on: Yesterday 23:09
Riki
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 150 151 152 (153)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved