Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
67 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Engine & Gearbox Rebuild
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tigeress1517
See User information
As for the revving higher and lower, no she did not, just wouldn't transfer into 2nd or overdrive. I did have previous issues where she would not go into reverse and after disconnecting the battery and letting her sit for a little bit, she came good. I have syphoned the gas tank and will put 98 octane in and see if that helps, if not I will look at the oil pump.

Posted on: Today 10:01
Jazz

'56 Packard Patrician

1956 Packard Patrician
Perth, Australia
 Top  Print   

Re: Engine & Gearbox Rebuild
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Good deal. In the grand scheme of things the oil pump upgrade is not very expensive—around $400 USD. Cheaper than any engine repair. However the process to remove the oil pan is somewhat involved. It is explained in the engine section though; you can print that off and give it to your mechanic.

I would highly suggest if you can have someone some along next time you drive and record a short video, then upload it to YouTube and post the link here. So we can hear the noise it is making.

The Ultramatic I think the shaft needs tightened and the pan inspected. I will send instructions later, just remind me if I forget.

Posted on: Today 10:16
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved