Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
48 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 47

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1951 300 owner Got a few questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
You are correct. The spring holds the weight up when cold and then drops as the engine warms up. It would be better to remove the wire for now, but get a spring when you can so your car runs better when cold.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Yesterday 22:01
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Just popping in
Just popping in

Two-bit
See User information
Most of my transmission repair experience has been manuals. Light duty 4 spds to 18 spds.
This would be the first auto i would "open up" on my own to look at the internals.
Most of my work on autos has been input seals, output seals, and finding the shiny mystery sludge in the pan. Mystery sludge usually resulted in replace with another trans and send it out.
So yeah, i ve got some learning to do before i adventure into this thing.
That three part series in the literature archive looks very helpful.

Posted on: Yesterday 22:01
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Two-bit
See User information
Quote:

53 Cavalier wrote:
You are correct. The spring holds the weight up when cold and then drops as the engine warms up. It would be better to remove the wire for now, but get a spring when you can so your car runs better when cold.

Thanks for the quick reply. If it wasn't for PO's, i wouldn't learn anything new !

Posted on: Yesterday 22:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
My transmission experience is very limited as well, so hurry up and get to work on yours so I have someone to go to when I have questions! 😄

My car has provided many mechanical, autobody, electrical and upholstery "firsts" for me! Lots of adventures with my car, and so far we've both of us have survived! But there were times I wasn't sure!

Posted on: Yesterday 22:28
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved