Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
67 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 63

58L8134, Packard Don, Ozstatman, SandmanPac, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

55-56 Driver's side A/C vent
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Pete '56
See User information
The "dimple" molded into the lower part of the A/C vent plastic was placed in the incorrect location, See photo. The correct placement should be on the opposite side. The theory is that this "dimple" was incorporated into this part of the vent to clear the R/H turn signal light socket. Was this error ever corrected later in production?

Attach file:

jpg  Duct pic 4.jpg (3,410.25 KB)
225045_66aa94d52183c.jpg 4000X3000 px

Posted on: Today 14:47
 Top  Print   

Re: 55-56 Driver's side A/C vent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Mine are hundreds of miles away but in the event that there are no answers here, I can take a look when next at my shop which i hope is soon. I also have the factory blueprint which I can check once I have a PC available.

Posted on: Today 16:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Mine also has the depression in the same place. Does anyone know if that bakelite material can be heated and formed like acrylics and some other more modern materials. I have not tried it and am not really wanting to on an original unless I knew for sure it would take it. If it could be heated with a heat gun sufficiently it might be possible to rework the other side and make a similar depression.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Today 17:06
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
If it’s actually Bakelite it probably cannot be heated and bent. Bakelite tends to be brittle and withstands heat well which is why it was used in this application.

Posted on: Today 17:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I found a copy of the blueprint that I could access from my mobile device but, as it’s an assembly view, it does not show the indentation at all.

Posted on: Today 17:19
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved