Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
59 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 56

kevinpackard, ewrecks, 64avanti, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 152 153 154 (155)

Re: Stewart's 1955 Packard 400
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Spring is compressed under the horn ring.

Posted on: Yesterday 16:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
So, the two bolts holding the plate in place and the spring just sits on the plate? There is nothing holding the spring in place?

Posted on: Yesterday 21:24
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Been years since I had a V8 wheel apart and I don't have any decent photos so the memory could be very well kaput. If I mislead, my apologies in advance and hopefully someone else will get it correct and maybe post some detail photos of the ring assy and how it goes together..

I believe that plate is held on by the nut holding the wheel to the shaft. The two threaded holes are only used for the puller. The spring is sandwiched between that plate and another fixed to the horn ring and provides the electrical ground connection from the shaft etc as well as providing the force to keep the horn ring separated from the contact which passes the ground electrical connection to the relay when the ring is pushed.. The horn ring assy itself is held to the wheel by 3 screws that come in from the bottom of the 3 large holes.

Here is a side view illustration and I believe the plate in question is the one where the arrow points.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Yesterday 22:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 152 153 154 (155)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved