Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 94

Don Shields, Darrell, kevinpackard, Ayden.jakob03, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 154 155 156 (157)

Re: Stewart's 1955 Packard 400
Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
I am considering ordering one of those remote brake fluid reservoirs sold by highway101ind.com.
I know some of you have them on your cars. Has anyone had any problems?

I know there are two different models.
One complete unit for a Lincoln that fits our Packard, and one that is just the canister and hose that leaves you to modify your original reservoir cap. be.

These things are always on backorder so there is no telling what the wait time will be.
I considered making my own, I have a canister but I know it will end up costing me more just screwing around with all the parts that I will get wrong.

Posted on: Today 17:48
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Mine has been working just fine since I installed it. It's a delight to check the fluid level at that higher level vs having to lean way over the fender down by the framerail.

Posted on: Today 17:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
If that company can't get them back in stock, I am sure you could make your own.

Here is a place that sell 4oz screw top cans dirt cheap that are rated for harse solvents:

https://www.berlinpackaging.com/4-oz-steel-flat-top-cans-1905t07

Those would need a small vent hole drilled in the lid. Pretty much the rest is just common barbed fittings, hose and some clamps. Perhaps a couple of o-rings.

It wouldn't be that hard to jig up something to make a bracket.

The existing/stock master cylinder cap can be drilled to accept the barb fitting and plug the vent hole. As your essentially relocating the vent to the top of remote reservoir.

Some epdm rubber sheet could be used to make atmospheric seal vent to go under the reservoir lid.

I'd also use black hose that is brake fluid compatible over that red hose.

It could be a neat little kit for someone to put together and offer to Packard folks.

Posted on: Today 18:26
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 154 155 156 (157)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved