Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 113

53 Cavalier, Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Dyneto Charge Regulator
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Congratulations!! That's a significant find.

Posted on: 2013/2/3 14:39
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

68amxgopac
See User information
I know this is an old old post , and found it looking for a solution for a 33 V12 generator/regulator/cutout problem I have.
It's a 33 Packard conv. V12 , the generator did not appear to be charging , showing a slight discharge on the ammeter. It "looked" like it had the correct Owen Dyneto combo regulator/cutout on it till I opened it up and found some modern conversion that appears to be a diode ??
Had the generator tested and it is fine.

I am now looking for a solution to replace it , as all the original internals of the O.D. are gone.

I have looked up the few types that are mentioned in the post and find none. Is there one that will work for now as I search the world for a replacement that will fit under the original O.D. cover.

I pulled the base apart in search of a number and found none.

The O.D. generator is type 00119 s# 830216

Thanks !

Posted on: Today 9:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Unless you can find a NAPA VR755 which I believe will prove to be nearly impossible, you best choice may be to disconnect but leave the current cutout/regulator in place for cosmetic purposes, convert the generator to a 2-brush unit, and install and hide a modern regulator in some out of sight location. Jason at AER in Grand Ledge MI should be able to help you with this.

Posted on: Today 12:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information

Posted on: Today 13:15
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

68amxgopac
See User information
Thanks ! I will check these out. Spent hours looking last night and sorting thru posts this morning.

Will try and put up a couple pics.

R

Posted on: Today 14:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved