Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Horn contact
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

54Les
See User information
Hi Howard,

So how can I "easily" remove the plastic emblem on the steering wheel on my '54....I don't want to break anything!

Thanx,

Les

Posted on: Today 11:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
On 48-54 emblems you push down in the emblem center with the palm of your hand and while emblem is held down turn slightly to the left or counterclockwise direction. If all is well it will free and pop up a bit so you can remove it. However, there is a sponge rubber pad under the emblem that should allow the compression and rotation but if the car has sat for long periods exposed to the hot sun or had other issues work on the sponge rubber there is a chance the pad has hardened or worse, turned into a gummy glue like mess. If either has happened then you will need to use your best judgement as to how to proceed and free the foam to allow the emblem to compress and turn.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Today 11:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Les - Horn button, ring, and steering wheel removal can be seen in the video below, at 5:57. As Howard said the button just pops off with an easy turn.

-Kevin

Posted on: Today 12:29
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

54Les
See User information
Thanx Howard & Kevin,

I'm looking forward to something easy.

Thanx again, Les

Posted on: Today 13:24
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved