Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 138

packardsix1939, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Lil Dude and Grandpas 1951 Packard Adventures
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Kaizer
See User information
Hello hello! Ive decided its time to make a blog about the Packard, thank you to everyone who has been so kind and so very helpful with this Packard so far. I’ve felt very welcomed and Jim has appreciated a lot of what ya’ll said. Here, i’ll be posting and keeping updates on the progress of the Packard!
Big thanks to 39Rollson (George) for being kind enough to offer his tank to us but unfortunately due to USPS we couldn’t go through with it :(
Earlier today, me, Jim, and my Boyfriend went up to a shop in Springfield Mo and dropped off the original tank we had pulled off the car. Hopefully its still salvageable, so fingers crossed! Stay tuned for some updates hopefully soon

Shameless Plug - VW_Adxlina on TikTok (I post funny videos sometimes)

Posted on: Yesterday 22:17
Lil dude just trying to wing a 72 year old car with my Grandpa (i’m not a certified mechanic.)
 Top  Print   

Re: Lil Dude and Grandpas 1951 Packard Adventures
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

Kaizer wrote:
Shameless Plug - VW_Adxlina on TikTok

Don't worry, I'm 25, and Ayden is 21... you have some company here.

By the way, I grew up in Joplin. I'm now in Pittsburgh, PA.

Posted on: Today 6:30
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Kaizer
See User information
Aye!! MO gang! I’m 17 with a dream lol

Posted on: Today 11:16
Lil dude just trying to wing a 72 year old car with my Grandpa (i’m not a certified mechanic.)
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
If the tank is not salvageable that's not the end of the world. Reproduction tanks for '51-'56 are readily available. They are somewhat expensive, but that's about the only option you have if your tank is bad, unless you want to do the Renu process. That was $400 years ago, it's probably more now. Reproduction tanks are around $600 with shipping. Having a clean tank is important, otherwise you're likely to get stranded.

-Kevin

Posted on: Today 12:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
For the last year and until last month, I was telling people that I’m 27 but I’m dyslexic although now that I’ve had a birthday that doesn’t sound as good!

Anyway, I bought my first Packard in the mid-‘60s when I was 16. It was a 1939 Packard Six Touring Sedan and came with a 1940 parts car. Shortly after I bought another 1940, then was given yet another and somewhere in there I also bought a 1941 Henney-Packard hearse so by the time I was 17 I had quite a few Packards! You’re fortunate to have the Internet and especially PackardInfo when all I had was an old tattered 1956 Motors Manual that was really not too useful for prewar cars but, being mechanically savvy, I was able to figure things out quickly. This site and all the nice people on it are very helpful and with it and the whole world at your disposal online, parts are also relatively easy to find too.

Incidentally, I am also working on a 1951 and have a blog for it below along with lots of spare parts. I am also a 1951 model myself!

Posted on: Today 12:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
You can also buy a generic fuel cell and stick it in the trunk. However if you do this, do NOT cut out the trunk floor. Instead, mount it in the trunk and route the line through a rotted part of the fender (these cars were prone to rot in the rear fenders) and connect with a hose between the fuel cell line and the line on the frame. Note that the line on the frame and/or the brake lines may themselves be bad if the fuel tank is bad.

Posted on: Today 12:57
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Marvin
See User information
A couple of years ago, I bought a 56' Patrician that "ran when parked" thirty years ago. Not being able to get fuel to the engine was an early issue that I discovered. Basically, the whole fuel system had to be replaced including the lines. I was going to try to have the tank cleaned and treated, but decided to reach out to Kanter. They sent me a tank for $610 two years ago. That included shipping. Once I had the new tank installed, I took a Sawzall to the old tank. The debris on the blue paper towel was poured out, not scraped, or shook, just poured. Never found the brass float. You will save a lot of headaches with a new tank.

Attach file:

jpg  20220613_170544.jpg (2,778.17 KB)
225242_671009b0eb4ae.jpg 2992X2992 px

jpg  20220613_170708.jpg (3,115.42 KB)
225242_67100a2884c30.jpg 2992X2992 px

Posted on: Today 13:47
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Upcoming Events
46th Annual Texas Packard Meet
04/03/2025 - 04/06/2025
Packard Salon - Calling All Twelves
05/27/2025 - 05/29/2025
58th Annual National Meet
05/31/2025 - 06/06/2025
AACA Fall Meet (Hershey)
10/06/2025 - 10/10/2025
South Pacific Packard Club 2026 Rally
03/22/2026 - 03/28/2026
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved