Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

How to correctly align a door on a 55 packard clipper
Just popping in
Just popping in

Thomas.K.
See User information
I've been trying to figure out how to correctly align the passenger front door on my 55 packard clipper custom and I've been messing with the bolts on the door for two days now and I can't seem to get it to align it keeps rubbing against the fender and creasing the door that I just fixed and it's starting to drive me mad! Does anyone have any pointers or actual instructions I can follow cause I'm definitely a bit stuck

Posted on: Today 13:41
 Top  Print   

Re: How to correctly align a door on a 55 packard clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
How does the spacing compare the the drivers side?

Maybe your fender needs adjustment as well? Maybe the door opening is off? The service manual for my '53 talks about checking body alignment, which included the door openings. Seems to me if your door is rubbing against the fender, and if the other three sides have good spacing, then the fender is probably the culprit. My body guy says to work from the back of the car to the front when working on body panels.

I also noted that when I replaced the body mounts I needed to re align my doors, and that they were better.

Posted on: Today 14:00
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Upcoming Events
46th Annual Texas Packard Meet
04/03/2025 - 04/06/2025
Packard Salon - Calling All Twelves
05/27/2025 - 05/29/2025
58th Annual National Meet
05/31/2025 - 06/06/2025
AACA Fall Meet (Hershey)
10/06/2025 - 10/10/2025
South Pacific Packard Club 2026 Rally
03/22/2026 - 03/28/2026
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved