Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 111

Charles, PackDan, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: V8 STARTER NOISE
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
After reading this,

What made the switch not work?

And

Can they be rebuilt?

Posted on: 2013/7/12 15:07
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Wmsue
See User information
Hello All,

I understand this thread is over 10 years old, but needed to post about our 56 Patrician.
We're having the same sticking ignition switch problem and started searching for a replacement NOS or workable more modern switch that would interchange.

We replaced the brake switch a few months ago and now have a functioning torsion level control and brake lights. What a great system when it's working. Our visitors are totally amazed at Packard's innovations. But while driving the car in the local Halloween parade yesterday I found the ignition switch acting up as well as the neutral safety switch not working.

Any heads up as to problems that may await us doing the repair, most appreciated.

William
(National Packard Museum - Warren, Ohio)

Posted on: Today 8:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
I plan to start reproducing the metal contact in these that goes bad. But I'm not there yet.

A neat idea I saw on someone's car at Hershey was to connect a relay to the power antenna "up" terminal, so you pull the power antenna knob to start the car. The starter is disabled when you are not in P or N, so you can even still use the antenna without trying to start the motor as long as you are, for example, in Drive. This would even work when the car is stopped.

If you are interested in this I can send some instructions on wiring this up.

Posted on: Today 10:25
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

- The following Google Ad-Sense Advert helps fund the cost of providing this free resource -
- Logged in users will not see these. Please Join and Donate to help support the website -
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Upcoming Events
46th Annual Texas Packard Meet
04/03/2025 - 04/06/2025
Packard Salon - Calling All Twelves
05/27/2025 - 05/29/2025
58th Annual National Meet
05/31/2025 - 06/06/2025
AACA Fall Meet (Hershey)
10/06/2025 - 10/10/2025
South Pacific Packard Club 2026 Rally
03/22/2026 - 03/28/2026
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved